right you lot-not you lot, the other members- pony up!

no avatar
wastrel

right you lot-not you lot, the other members- pony up!

Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:31 pm

I know the members who are gonna post, it`s the others (59 views-4 replies again & again) pony up you lot! TAKE PART IN AAOC, right then, watch this & pretty please, with sugar on top, post an opinion, over to you-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEglQV9I57I
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

gdavison

Re: right you lot-not you lot, the other members- pony up!

Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:48 am

I was surprised he down voted a few on "quality issues" but let the Weihraich win despite a full recall of the first half years production for "wobbly" barrel issues :roll:
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

Blackbaronfish

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:42 am

It's only Lloyds opinion,and based on warranty. If it wasn't for the warranties most would have found the od loose screw or dirty barrel and fixed it...not that they should have in the first place.
Customer feed back and proactive manufacturers are top of any lists. Lloyd did say AirArms were good 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
granville

Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:50 pm

like he said its the looks with AA .
but the bsa is an old r10 all said and done .
weirauch owners don't over praise the 110 .

no avatar
Big Dog

Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Still trying to work out how he picked the 6 he did!! In my opinion there are much better rifles out there than some of those on his list.

no avatar
wastrel

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Big Dog wrote:Still trying to work out how he picked the 6 he did!! In my opinion there are much better rifles out there than some of those on his list.

I didn`t rate his choices either, wanna list yours BD? then I`ll back what I`m saying up! anyone else- not interested in sales numbers wanna chip in?
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

darran77

Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:47 pm

I think the choices on the table were pretty good as an example of new guns available on the market, but there are a few lesser known models out there which could have made it to the table had the customer and shop views been taken on, but you can't review a gun you can't buy like the leshie or the new FX streamline.
But as for the ones on the table, yes the Impact had problems, so did the R10. And as for the Brocock its a cheep poor Daystate in disguise, but it's the flavour of the month with it been all new and also with it's mate the bantam around the corner it's no different to the Goldstar SE/ R10 SE. The Krall is a newby and i am sure that there will be improvements to make it better, never used or handled on so can't comment further.
The galahad i think is a quality gun, but yet to have a go with one, same with the 110 but if the quality of both these is as with their other models then i dont think there is much between them.
Well that's my opinion, and if there was a new gun to tempt me it would be a HW100 TDR with a lightweight air cylinder fitted as standard, not a bulpup conversion but a TDR.
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
Roger5

Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:30 pm

I just liked the little A/A Bullpup Kit, sitting there quietly watching what was going on, I'm not a fan of Bullpups, but I think I would have had that above anything else on the table. Rog

no avatar
wastrel

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:22 pm

right well, here go`s nowt, despite having never handled any of the guns he chose, my major gripe is they aren`t all last years guns, I mean, best rifle of 2016 surely has to have been launched in 2016, otherwise, the Weihrauch HW100`s & other big sellers with be that years gun of the year, I mean, how on earth does the R10 even get a mention, fine fine rifle by all accounts, aye, but launched 2012 :shock:
I remember old top gear (bear with me here) the guy reviewing the new VW Scirroco (told you it was old) started his review with a clip of the stones playing a song from the Sticky Fingers album, now lauded as one of their finest yet, ATT virtually no-one bought it, the Scirroco was an updated Corrado, & yep, brilliant car than virtually no-one bought, point is, rifle of the year shouldn`t be sales driven, the majority aren`t always correct, (lets leave that there shall we) Giles showed us on youtube some fantastic new rifles due out in 2016, just because they maybe not the cheapest or number one seller shouldn`t discount them from being included in someones `gun of the year` assuming he can get hold of one & offer an informed opinion of course! & if you/he can`t get a hold of a relevant number of that years guns, I don`t think they should be posting online a `gun of the year` IMO.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Bosun

Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:15 pm

Yep, have to agree it's not a good review, and not overly meaningful IMO. I lost interest right at the start when Lloyd said "a sort of err best airgun of the year err video". He didn't come across as being overly committed to the review. Almost an effort to finish 2016 with something, but not sure what. Also, for my money, I believe this type of review needs to be broken down into type, and or value sections. Can't comment about what were, or weren't, 2016 models, I'll leave that to you experts out there.

Happy shooting for the New Year ahead :) .
Air Arms ProSport 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Air Arms TX200 HC 0.177 Walnut, MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44
Weihrauch HW75 Pistol
Umarex Colt M1911A1 pellet Pistol
Umarex Beretta 92FS pellet Pistol
Swiss Arms P1911 BB Pistol