MK 1 EV 11 Bull pup . with electronic trigger .

no avatar
clunker

Re: MK 1 EV 11 Bull pup . with electronic trigger .

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:53 pm

Cheers for that young man . the muzzle break is the screw on type to a half inch thread adapter ( rowan eng ) . when i was zeroing it in first off , i could not get the groups at range . so i thought i would change the break . started to unscrew it and it occurred to me that the basis behind the whiscombe accuriser is basically an adjustable weight to harmonise the barrel frequency . so i stopped unscrewing it half way off and shot it .lo and behold it pulled the groups in nicely . suck it and see lads ??? HOLLY

no avatar
clunker

Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Getting there accuracy wise . the MK one had the CZ barrel and they can be very good indeed ( hammer forged ) . this one is good to 50 yards ( half inch ) in decent weather . but was opening up at 55 yards . checked it over the club chrono today and it was down at 760 fps . i usually run 8.4 AAs at 785 fps . i think once i get it up a smidgen that will sort the long uns . ??? HOLLY

PS THE TRIGGER . i did the same on mine . what i did not know is that the screw threads on the adjuster is very cores , you must only turn the adjusters a knats willy at a time . it is very boring but it can be done . or maybe hand it over to a gent who has done it before .

no avatar
clunker

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:41 pm

Well the rifle shows potential , but so far has been hard to extract . little things keep stopping progress . i have dumped the muzzle brake in favour of a carbon fiber shroud . to get a second stage on the trigger i have placed various bit of rubber behind it to simulate a second stage , they have been either to hard or too soft . obvious very light . so the ability to flip the for end , for which the EV 2 is justly famous , is made worse . so the rifle is quite sensitive to hold . almost like a springer . waiting now for the weather to get better to go further with it ??? HOLLY