CZ200 modification advice please

no avatar
Falconhoof

CZ200 modification advice please

Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Evening gentlemen.
I'm considering a new rifle for next year and after quite a few 200's in the past that have allways impressed with accuracy but lacked a little in size,weight,shot count sort of thing.
What I'm leaning to is a CZ200 Hunter.177 with the extended cylinder. I'll be fitting a regulator possibly an internal version of the one from XTX and a quick fill. Stock wise I've had a deposit down with some laminate I choose for a project I've decided against. That's with Steve Brown the stock maker so I'll be dressing it in one of his thumbhole jobbies. Scope wise I'll be sticking with my viper connect.
Are any of the aftermarket regs more suited to the 200 than others?
I'm wanting to free float the barrel, obviously earlier 200's had a free floating barrel, anything I need to be aware of?
Allthough I've had 200's in the past I've never added an aftermarket trigger. Do I fit a Rowan one and is there a guide still available on the forum regarding improving the trigger?
I know theres a few questions but any help, guidance or advice is most welcome and I hope to have it ready for next spring and fingers crossed I might get to the meet this year with it.

no avatar
billywhizz

Re: CZ200 modification advice please

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:30 pm

in the past I bought a brand new a/a 200, used it for a while fitted a reg to it but in the end I sold it on. I regretted it ever since, I looked at the cz200hunter and nearly bought one,but the cost of the rifle and all the bits I wanted to do to it too make it fit me and be like I wanted it too be was expensive. so I just bought a 1-2 year old mk 3 a/a 200 not much use :D , I fitted a a/a magazine , mad the stock longer to fit me ,still gotmuch to do too it but its a keeper this time. I have stripped out the trigger unit and polished the parts (it now works a dream smooooooth , just need a rowen trigger blade to finnish it,i also cleaned up the hammer and used some silicoln grease on it ( the cocking cycle is now smooth and rapid).I fitted a xtc reg to the other one and am planning to do the same with this one,they are easy too fit and work well.i never free floated the barrel, the 200 shoots well enough without ,well mine does anyway ,I use it in competition and do very well with it. the best guy too talk too is RAJ, hes the 200 guru ,very helpful, lots of knowledge , he helped me no end when I had my first 200,leave him a message on here . I'm sure he will reply.hope it works out for you .paul.

no avatar
wastrel

Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:34 pm

I`m sure Raj posted a S200 trigger part breakdown schematic that pointed out the exact parts to polish & adjust, it may have been the old forum though, he`ll be along shortly
won`t you Raj, RAJ :o RAJ :o sorry bout this Falcon, RAJ :o RAJ :o :roll: :lol:
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Raj

Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:47 pm

Guys ... It has been a boozy weekend. And everyone knows I dont drink much so I am a tad hungover. S200 Surgery will resume next week :mrgreen:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Falconhoof

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks already guys.
I should of said the reason I mentioned free floating the barrel was because of the custom stock I have ready to be made.
I know I'm hardlys a massive poster on the forum but I intend to keep the group informed of the progress thoughout this project.

Raj alcohol is a terrible thing (said the man as he pours his first Guinness) stay away from it.

Thanks again.

Some of you actually know me but not my username :D

Raj

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Goooo on then ... spill the beans !!! Whooooo are you ? Who - oo? Who - oo? :?: :?: :?:

"Raj alcohol is a terrible thing (said the man as he pours his first Guinness) stay away from it."

Oh and by the way ... A Welsh man talking about pouring an Irish drink to an Indian .... the English have no hope :twisted: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Falconhoof

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Just another little afterthought regarding the barrel. Would I be better fitting a Rowan engineering figure of 8 barrel band instead of trying to free float the barrel?

no avatar
wastrel

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:22 pm

Falconhoof wrote:Just another little afterthought regarding the barrel. Would I be better fitting a Rowan engineering figure of 8 barrel band instead of trying to free float the barrel?

Erm, you may just have opened a can o` worms there mate, right then, my penny`s worth is (drumroll please) my MK2 has the figure 8 band, I`ll say it does NOT affect the accuracy of my gun, cos my rifle is the most accurate .22 gun I`ve ever shot!
also worth mentioning I think, the barrel is held by only 2 grub screws, if I free floated mine, I think I`d want a bit more meaty fixing down that end, perhaps you could add 2 more or, perhaps 2 is all you need, if anyone more knowledgeable wants to chip in, please do.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Falconhoof

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Anyone else with an opinion on whether to free float the barrel?
It's either leave it floating or use the Rowan figure8 barrel band. Pros and cons for both please gentlemen?

no avatar
robertt

Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:24 am

After trying different pellets I found mine to be a tack driver with .22 JSB Express.

Every weekend I would check the zero and sometimes there would be shift in vertical POI.
About +/- 4 clicks which was a bit annoying to say the least.

Took the plunge and free floated the barrel which consisted of buying a shim washer to take the flex out of the cylinder and filing out the barrel band till it was clear of the barrel.

The zero has never shifted since and as a bonus an improvement in accuracy.