Introduction

Blackbaronfish

Re: Introduction

Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:08 am

Get yourself a knock down target with reduced kill zones. With a 35 yard string he can show you how good he is, and at the same time he will know at what distance he shouldn't be going over.
Failing that, tea spoons on a stick :mrgreen:
BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi Richard. Any relation to Wills and Harry Wales? Take them with you :)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Shoot the moles......good luck with that, you will spend a long long time staring at the ground.
Buy a few mole traps and there are vids on you tube too show you how too set them up correctly.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:04 pm

eboswan wrote:Shoot the moles......good luck with that, you will spend a long long time staring at the ground.
Buy a few mole traps and there are vids on you tube too show you how too set them.

Crikey ... these Welshmen :roll: One wants to shoot moles and the other wants to stop him :? :lol:
I am so glad I am English ..... Hang on a minute ... I'm not !! :shock:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Richardwales

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:49 pm

I'm an English man Raj, but been up here for nearly twenty years! It's my home now.

Genuinely have no interest or intentions to shoot moles, I don't think they were joking tho!

Walked the course, made few measurements an picked a couple of places I feel safe to shoot from.

Yet to assess his shooting, but he's a bright guy and I think he understands what's involved now.

Rick.

Blackbaronfish

Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am

I would still put up some targets. Its surprising where the cross winds can catch you out. Just look at the Quigley Hollow :o :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:30 am

eboswan wrote:Shoot the moles......good luck with that, you will spend a long long time staring at the ground.
Buy a few mole traps and there are vids on you tube too show you how too set them up correctly.

I do moles at times when football club needs it, there's a lot to learn, traps how to use them, following the runs, and where to place them, and making sure no kids get near them, you won't need a rifle. Rog

Raj

Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:42 am

It was just an ice-breaker :D
I suppose it was do-able but would need some patience and kit to shoot them in the dark :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:03 am

Raj wrote:It was just an ice-breaker :D
I suppose it was do-able but would need some patience and kit to shoot them in the dark :)

Sorry Raj, wasn't having a pop about the moles, but just saying they are a very interesting quarry, most people only know about bunnys and squizzers, mole catching is a whole world away from that, have a nice one. Rog

no avatar
Richardwales

Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:31 pm

Went up again this morning, but didn't see a single bunny apart from one in the carpark that ran when we pulled up.

Got a few practice shots in, and walked the course a bit.

He's brought a Hatsan 60, but regretted it when he fired my 97kt... he's going need a scope tho.

Was made very welcome by the grounds man an the members. Think I'm gonna enjoy this...