Introduction

no avatar
Richardwales

Re: Introduction

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:25 am

I've asked and been told yes I can lamp. Something else I need to read up on!!!

Blackbaronfish

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:44 am

Richardwales wrote:I've asked and been told yes I can lamp. Something else I need to read up on!!!

There are loads of lamping on youtube 8-) . A mounted torch would suffice. T20 torches with a decent pills are well within small budgets.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:38 am

Dont over do it though you dont need a 5 million candle power lamp :) as ray has said a scope mounted torch will be fine you only need too see a little further than you can shoot effectively.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:12 am

Lamping for moles must be a brilliant game. How long do they poke their heads out for? :lol:

Blackbaronfish

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:57 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:Lamping for moles must be a brilliant game. How long do they poke their heads out for? :lol:

You can use a bright light with them as they wont see it 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Richardwales

Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:30 am

Hi guys.

Been up to the course six or seven times now, at various times during the day. Seen two rabbits, and four cats! No way I'm shooting cats obviously, and the bunnies were out of safe range or where I didn't feel safe to take a shot!

Most of the course is framed by public roads or houses, and there's even a public footpath right thru the middle! This is not as simple as I hoped. I need to wait till they in the middle of the course where it's safer but they are spooked easily.

Found a few torch options (any suggestions), but must wait till payday. Also waiting for confirmation that it's ok to go lamping. Not expecting a problem, as they seem very keen on us reducing the population.

probably could have shot at a mole, as I saw a fresh mole hill appearing when I was out. No sport tho an not enough meat for the effort!

Getting myself known tho, hopefully this will lead to more permissions in the future.

Hope you all having a great Christmas.