The Galahad

no avatar
clunker

The Galahad

Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 am

Howdo . anybody own a 177 galahad out there . or shot one . what i want to know is how good is the trigger . EG good enough for comps . how accurate is it at 50 yards and does it have a transfer port like the old 400 . cheers HOLLY

no avatar
Roger5

Re: The Galahad

Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:13 pm

clunker wrote:Howdo . anybody own a 177 galahad out there . or shot one . what i want to know is how good is the trigger . EG good enough for comps . how accurate is it at 50 yards and does it have a transfer port like the old 400 . cheers HOLLY

I might be wrong, but from the lack of interest to your post, I would take it that there isn't much call for them. Rog

no avatar
wastrel

Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:43 pm

I might be wrong, but from the lack of interest to your post, I would take it that there isn't much call for them. Rog[/quote]

no Rog (& I`m a bit surprised at your answer) Holly, it`s not lack of interest in the gun or your questions, it`s just that your asking all the wrong ones!
it`s not -is this one good enough or is that one better, I shot to 2nd place in HFT using a 1962 Airsporter, OK, it was a long (long!) time ago, there weren`t many (maybe 30) competitors, HFT was in it`s early stages in 1987, but I beat many shooters with more modern guns, it was a .22 as well, hell I even bought a HW77 at the shoot thinking all I needed was one of those & world domination awaited me ( sort of ;) )
the question is Holly, are YOU good enough, are you good enough to find the ammunition that best suits you & YOUR GUNS barrel, can you adjust a trigger, any trigger, until it hits the sweet spot YOU like, can you understand & factor into your shooting prevailing conditions?
right, I`ve a sore head now, I`m off for a lie down! & Holly, don`t take the above as any kind of put down, seriously! try as many guns & different pellets as you can & buy the one you can A- afford & B- shoulder comfortably (I highly recommend you try an S200 although I may be a bit biased!) then, let us all know what you chose & why, we`d love to hear it, honestly, we`re the AAOC!
Last edited by wastrel on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

no avatar
Roger5

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:25 pm

And that's how you get them to take an interest. Rog :lol:

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:54 pm

clunker wrote:Howdo . anybody own a 177 galahad out there . or shot one . what i want to know is how good is the trigger . EG good enough for comps . how accurate is it at 50 yards and does it have a transfer port like the old 400 . cheers HOLLY

Hi again Holly, now that Wastrel has finished scaring the cxxp out of you, Dec issue of Air Gunners Phill Price has done a review of the Galahad, I don't normally take much notice of reviews but Phill seems to tell it like it is ( unlike some reviewers ) have a look, the asking price of £1180.00 is to me, far to much for any airrifle, and as Wastrel said the S200 can do pretty much what anything else can do for a third of the price.Rog

no avatar
Brooksy

Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:52 pm

When you find the rifle you're comfortable and confident with, they will all do much the same as long as the barrel is good and consistency is there.
I can get a .22 pellet through a 10 mm hole at 48 yards and ring a little bell, that's with an HW97 KT. I can nail a rabbit at 50 yards with my Rapid. I also nail rabbits with my AA S410 TDR with an NV Photon.
None of the above were anything like £1200.00.
Sadly, AA with the Galahad have jumped on the Gaystate band wagon in my humble opinion.
I've seen people walk into the fields with a 30 year old Webley Springer wearing a red T shirt and come back an hour later with 3 rabbits. You've either got it or you ain't.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.