S400 power

no avatar
Ken G

S400 power

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Looking to drop the power on my S400, chrono showing 11.98, don't want to go back to the dealer I bought it from as its a 3 hr drive plus waitng time for them to do the job. I know this can be a sensitive subject on an open forum therefore could someone pm me the best method to remove the anti tamper so that I can make the necessary adjustment.
Ken

no avatar
anton

Re: S400 power

Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:59 pm

The anti tamper is a "shear bolt" fitted from the factory to avoid acess by the end user, behind is an allen screw that either resricts the transfer port size and air flow from it when wound in ,or opens the port further when wound out therefore increasing the flow. This i believe is used to fine tune the rifles. Tr. Robb has a video online of carefully cutting into the sheared head of the bolt with a dremal tool cutting disc and then using a suitable flat screwdriver to unwind the screw. This can prove tricky due to the recess around the anti tamper screw and the rifles valve body can be marked during the cut unless a putty or tape is used as protection. . . . , 11.8 fpe is not over the legal limit so i dont think you need to really be concered with adjusting it. I am posting this as i believe its all very common knowledge amounst owners and already fully available information for this can be found online.

eddie666

Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:14 am

have you done a 10 string chrono test ? what is the average ?
are you using any pellet lube , this can put your fpe up by 0 .50fpe
what pellets are you using ? very light and slack fitting will give high fpe.
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgv comp ultra 1.77 2014
walther lgu .22 2014

Timmytree

Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:29 am

anton wrote:The anti tamper is a "shear bolt" fitted from the factory to avoid acess by the end user, behind is an allen screw that either resricts the transfer port size and air flow from it when wound in ,or opens the port further when wound out therefore increasing the flow. This i believe is used to fine tune the rifles. Tr. Robb has a video online of carefully cutting into the sheared head of the bolt with a dremal tool cutting disc and then using a suitable flat screwdriver to unwind the screw. This can prove tricky due to the recess around the anti tamper screw and the rifles valve body can be marked during the cut unless a putty or tape is used as protection. . . . , 11.8 fpe is not over the legal limit so i dont think you need to really be concered with adjusting it. I am posting this as i believe its all very common knowledge amounst owners and already fully available information for this can be found online.

No offence anton, but at 11.8fpe I would be very concerned! That is legal but far too close for comfort. Just a matter of a few fps, a warm day and different pellets could easily mean an over power rifle.

eddie666

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 am

Timmytree wrote:
anton wrote:The anti tamper is a "shear bolt" fitted from the factory to avoid acess by the end user, behind is an allen screw that either resricts the transfer port size and air flow from it when wound in ,or opens the port further when wound out therefore increasing the flow. This i believe is used to fine tune the rifles. Tr. Robb has a video online of carefully cutting into the sheared head of the bolt with a dremal tool cutting disc and then using a suitable flat screwdriver to unwind the screw. This can prove tricky due to the recess around the anti tamper screw and the rifles valve body can be marked during the cut unless a putty or tape is used as protection. . . . , 11.8 fpe is not over the legal limit so i dont think you need to really be concered with adjusting it. I am posting this as i believe its all very common knowledge amounst owners and already fully available information for this can be found online.

No offence anton, but at 11.8fpe I would be very concerned! That is legal but far too close for comfort. Just a matter of a few fps, a warm day and different pellets could easily mean an over power rifle.

he said 11.98 not 11.8 that is way to close
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgv comp ultra 1.77 2014
walther lgu .22 2014

no avatar
gary martin

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:35 am

got to agree with TT on this, even 11.8 is a little hot. warm weather, different pellet etc easy to go FAC.

no avatar
anton

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:09 am

I agree it is very close but i have tried to provide some of the info ken needs to adjust the power lower and a setting of 10.8 would be best in my opinion ☺

no avatar
Ken G

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks for the replies guys, due to the limited access to the anti tamper and not wanting to mark the gun will find a gunsmith who will remove it for me.

no avatar
what barn door

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Bit of a long shot as I haven't stripped my S400 yet, but is there any chance of backing the hammer spring off an eigth of a turn? If so it might help until you need to send it to a gun smith for service or repair.

no avatar
anton

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:55 pm

what barn door wrote:Bit of a long shot as I haven't stripped my S400 yet, but is there any chance of backing the hammer spring off an eigth of a turn? If so it might help until you need to send it to a gun smith for service or repair.

The hammer spring in not adjustable for tension.