Air splitter

no avatar
Garry56

Air splitter

Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:17 am

Hi Folks, This is May be an old Chestnut so please forgive me, I have an S400 Classic and I'm wondering if it's worth fitting an air splitter, I know the theory of how they work but in the real world would it be a benefit. Also I only seen Rowen's on the interweb does anyone else make them?. Regards Garry

Raj

Re: Air splitter

Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:01 am

UK Neil is the boss when it comes to making these. Not sure if he stll manufactures :)
And yes, there is a difference in group size - better with a stripper
Google his product.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:30 am

Alas Neil has retired and shut shop. Rowan Engineering are high quality and worth a look.
I have one on a S410 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
gary martin

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Garry56 wrote:Hi Folks, This is May be an old Chestnut so please forgive me, I have an S400 Classic and I'm wondering if it's worth fitting an air splitter, I know the theory of how they work but in the real world would it be a benefit. Also I only seen Rowen's on the interweb does anyone else make them?. Regards Garry

what are you under the impression that they do? marketing is a wonderful tool. do you not think spending all that money on pellets would be a better use? of course it is your money, spend as you wish. it will not make your very capable rifle a supergun, it will make it louder though. if it is what you want go for it.
Gary.

no avatar
Garry56

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:12 pm

gary martin wrote:
Garry56 wrote:Hi Folks, This is May be an old Chestnut so please forgive me, I have an S400 Classic and I'm wondering if it's worth fitting an air splitter, I know the theory of how they work but in the real world would it be a benefit. Also I only seen Rowen's on the interweb does anyone else make them?. Regards Garry

what are you under the impression that they do? marketing is a wonderful tool. do you not think spending all that money on pellets would be a better use? of course it is your money, spend as you wish. it will not make your very capable rifle a supergun, it will make it louder though. if it is what you want go for it.
Gary.

Lack of experience prompted me to ask the question, I was hoping to draw on the experience of other members, before spending any money. No I wouldn't expect it to turn a humble gun into a super gun,
Thanks for your in put.

Raj

Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:24 pm

Come along to the next AAOC Meet. Shoot my rifle with a UK Neil stripper fitted. Then, let us try the same rifle with a standard sound moderator fitted .... You can then make your own mind up :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Roger5

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:02 am

Raj wrote:Come along to the next AAOC Meet. Shoot my rifle with a UK Neil stripper fitted. Then, let us try the same rifle with a standard sound moderator fitted .... You can then make your own mind up :)

I can feel a Harry Hill moment coming on, FIght. Rog

Blackbaronfish

Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

I have found a difference. Garymartin has found spending his money on pellets helped him find the right balance,but when the next batch of pellets get changed, will most likely be back to square one.
My cone stabilises a wider range of pellets which I'm more than happy with.
Im wearing varifocals at the minute and cant see for toffee. They say it makes my eyesight better.....is it sales spin i wonder :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
gary martin

Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:43 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:I have found a difference. Garymartin has found spending his money on pellets helped him find the right balance,but when the next batch of pellets get changed, will most likely be back to square one.
My cone stabilises a wider range of pellets which I'm more than happy with.
Im wearing varifocals at the minute and cant see for toffee. They say it makes my eyesight better.....is it sales spin i wonder :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF

if you are a benchrest shooter, every little bit helps. I am a FT shooter, I would choose other things to spend my money on to achieve a better result, stock, scope, pellets, etc, but ultimately practice. I wonder how much influence it has after the round has exited the barrel? I see them all the time, single cone, twin cone, some competitors remove them completely. when it comes to internet forums, everything is merely opinion. if I asked another competitor what difference it made when he/she put the shiny new stripper on, I would expect them to say it's better, the sceptic in me says placebo effect, and that they have to convince themselves that after shelling out good money it must be better. most do not benchrest their rifles, which would take the week link in the chain out of the equation. In my opinion and it is just that, any difference would be negligible. if you think it has made your rifle better, great, have you benchrested it? if I were in your predicament I would spend money on glasses, as they have made a greater difference to your shooting, than any air stripper could :lol: :lol:
in the sport I take part in new products appear all the time to relieve you of your money, I will stick with the quote about marketing.

Blackbaronfish

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:41 pm

New glasses picked up today :lol: :lol: :lol: . Bi focal this time....I'm running out of options.
It's great that we can share our experiences which the op was asking about.

BBF