Air splitter

no avatar
gary martin

Re: Air splitter

Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:44 am

I am sorry if my original post to the original post came out as a little discouraging. I have sent him a pm to highlight my thoughts and experience with them. Gary.

Blackbaronfish

Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:46 pm

gary martin wrote:I am sorry if my original post to the original post came out as a little discouraging. I have sent him a pm to highlight my thoughts and experience with them. Gary.

8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Archer50

Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:20 pm

I've tried air strippers on four guns (all .177):

1) Steyr Lg110 (manufacturer's own double cone and the Rowan Engineering version)
2) Weihrauch HW100 (Rowan Engineering),
3) S400 (Rowan Engineering, and custom made GML-style stripper)
4) HFT500 (original as supplied by AA) ).

I tested with JSB Exact, JSB Exact Heavy, H&N FTT and Sniper Medium pellets indoors and outdoors up to 45 yards.

Maybe there are better strippers on the market, and there are definitely better shooters than me, but I found no benefit whatever from any stripper that I tested compared to no stripper at all. On the other hand, if the stripper was badly adjusted, ie too near or far from the muzzle, the groups opened up alarmingly. I have a suspicion that any benefits air strippers may give come mainly from the way they affect the barrel dynamics by simply acting as a barrel weight. That's something else on my list for testing...

Like they say in the US, YMMV but I've yet to be convinced about air strippers.

Alan