S400 Trigger spring ?

no avatar
Garry56

S400 Trigger spring ?

Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi Folks, I brought an S400 second hand from a local dealer the other day. First time out I noticed the bolt would occasionally not cock the gun unless I pushed the trigger forward a little. I took it back to the dealer who fiddled with the gun for a while before keeping it over night telling me to collect the next day. On collection he told me he fitted a small spring behind the trigger to push it forward, quote just like the new models. My gun was built in 2009 I wondering why it now needs a spring fitting. Also looking at New guns I can't see a spring. Has anyone else heard of this problem or resolution ?

Thanks Garry

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: S400 Trigger spring ?

Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Mine's a 2012 and I'm sure it's got a little spring thing. I found that I need to hold both sides of the lever or it doesn't cock properly.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
Roger5

Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:39 pm

Garry56 wrote:Hi Folks, I brought an S400 second hand from a local dealer the other day. First time out I noticed the bolt would occasionally not cock the gun unless I pushed the trigger forward a little. I took it back to the dealer who fiddled with the gun for a while before keeping it over night telling me to collect the next day. On collection he told me he fitted a small spring behind the trigger to push it forward, quote just like the new models. My gun was built in 2009 I wondering why it now needs a spring fitting. Also looking at New guns I can't see a spring. Has anyone else heard of this problem or resolution ?

Thanks Garry

It dosnt need a spring to push trigger forward, later ones do have a spring but it's just to stop it flopping around, it sounds like you need to make a bit more effort in cocking it, some of them need quite a pull, some of the woman and kids at my club struggle to cock them. Could also be 2nd stage in to far, just enough to stop it cocking. Rog

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:17 pm

you might find this vid helpful to understand how it works and I must agree with Rog that unless the trigger is binding on the pin or very badly adjusted I dont see the need for a spring.
btw I assume the spring goes in the vertical drilling under the rear end of the trigger?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=UUaCf9 ... ge3cfq1AOQ
Try a fresh trigger setup using the Instructions I pinched from Rowan and with help from other members here.

no avatar
Garry56

Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:39 am

TenMetrePeter wrote:you might find this vid helpful to understand how it works and I must agree with Rog that unless the trigger is binding on the pin or very badly adjusted I dont see the need for a spring.
btw I assume the spring goes in the vertical drilling under the rear end of the trigger?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=UUaCf9 ... ge3cfq1AOQ
Try a fresh trigger setup using the Instructions I pinched from Rowan and with help from other members here.

Hi Peter, Thanks for replying, the clip is really helpful it takes the mystery out of what's happening. Hoping to take the gun out today to see if they have fixed it if not it's going back complete with the U Tube clip. Thanks again Garry.