S200 quick fill and reg advice.

no avatar
Fish

S200 quick fill and reg advice.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:03 am

Morning folks.

I am in the process of acquiring a .177 mk11 S200 with target stock which I would like to fit a quick fill adaptor to. I have done a little research and have found items from both Altaros and XTX and would appreciate any comments from members that have experience of either. I know XTX do one with a cover for the fill hole, not sure about the Altaros version. Also do these respond well to fitting a reg as I currently have a mk3 and when target practicing with my son I am constantly refilling with air and was looking to possibly increase the shot count. The Huma external looks easy enough to fit (presumably I would need a removal tool), but I am concerned that with both a quick fill and external reg the overall length of the cylinder may foul the moderator.

Grateful for any advice.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: S200 quick fill and reg advice.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Bought one myself off another member, brilliant little gun, quick fill with Huma external reg and screw cut barrel, all work done by xtx, it's fast becoming my go to rifle, probably getting 50 shots, as it's only used for hunting shot count dsnt really matter, I have also floated the barrel and sleeved the cylinder, this one is Mk 2 with target stock aswell. As I say brilliant gun. The length of cylinder with Huma ext plus quick fill is 15 3/4 inches from receiver body, so plenty of room. Rog
Last edited by Roger5 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Mtl_Biker

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:34 pm

I just sold my CZ200T (which AA sells as the S200) and I did not fit a regulator nor did I feel a need for a quick fill adapter. On the CZ version the cylinder unscrews easily (as easy to use as a quick fill adapter) and there's a gauge at the outside end. If I'm not mistaken, the AA version lacks the gauge and needs a quick fill?

Anyway, that was a 7.5 joules target rifle but I was getting about 120 good shots (fairly consistent) from a fill. I also had a second cylinder so I wouldn't have to carry a scuba tank if I went somewhere to shoot. When I sold the rifle, I kept the spare cylinder and the 10-shot magazine conversion (and the magazines). And I've ordered one of the new CZ 200S "Green" models, not because I like the color green, but because it's got a very nice one-piece fully adjustable stock. It's supposedly going into production at the end of this month.

Once I get it and test it, I'll decide if I need to install a regulator (will need two regulators actually, one for each cylinder) and quick fill adapter. So I'll be following along this thread to see what you decide and how it works out for you.

Someone else also suggested adding an air stripper to it would be very helpful.
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sprorter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
Weihrauch HW50S .22
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (Canadian version < 500 fps)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

no avatar
Fish

Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks for the information chaps. I should be getting the rifle next week so will update as to how I get on with it. Initial plan is to use it as is and compare it to the mk3 I already have. I just couldn't resist the look of the mk11 as I have wanted one for some time. I think I will definately go for the quick fill and gauge it's just which one to go for. The reg can wait a little while, as I see this as a developing project.

Thanks again.

no avatar
Chap

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:27 pm

Hello. I have S200 Mk3 177 and have fitted the Huma external unit (very easy). This is arguably the best mod by far to what is already a brilliant rifle. With the reg in place and a slip-on (grub screw fixed) moderator mount, the T-bar valve cover does catch the moderator mount. I ground off 3-4mm from the threaded end of the cover. This is enough to miss the moderator mount when removing the cover and leave thread to screw in place. More can be removed before inside end of cover touches the T-bar filler but the thread would need rethreading for length. Shot count at 11.5ftlb (5fps difference over 63 shots) is 65 before power dips below 11ftlb. Overall set up of gun is easy... Shorter throttle screw, back out spring etc.
AA S510F Ultimate Sporter
AA S200 Mk3
Crossman Phantom
Weihrauch HW100T, HW100T Laminate 177, HW110
Walther Rotex RM8, CP99
Some more somewhere.
A good lady who understands...

no avatar
Fish

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:03 am

Thanks, much appreciated. I was concerned that with an external reg and quick fill adaptor fitted that the overall length of the cylinder may may foul the silencer mount. I hadn't thought about grinding the silencer mount down. If it does turn out to be a problem I will just have to fit an internal reg, I just fancied the ease of fitting with the external one.

no avatar
Roger5

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:27 am

Roger5 wrote:Bought one myself off another member, brilliant little gun, quick fill with Huma external reg and screw cut barrel, all work done by xtx, it's fast becoming my go to rifle, probably getting 50 shots, as it's only used for hunting shot count dsnt really matter, I have also floated the barrel and sleeved the cylinder, this one is Mk 2 with target stock aswell. As I say brilliant gun. The length of cylinder with Huma ext plus quick fill is 15 3/4 inches from receiver body, so plenty of room. Rog

You shouldn't have to grind anything off, as I said if you have 15 3/4 inches from receiver body you should be ok. As you are fitting a quick fill you won't have a fill cover to take off anyway. Rog

no avatar
Chap

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:54 am

If I've confused or annoyed anyone then I apologise. It's just that when I fitted the Huma external regulator, the increase in cylinder length meant removing the T-bar cover was a painful process, which involved the top of the cover catching the original moderator (edited). With removal of some of the cover (threaded end) (pic1) and using a different moderator and new mount (edited) this lessened the grief. The additional length also highlighted the flex of the reservoir and the amount of stress placed on the reservoir's threads into the block. Careful shimming of the reservoir put paid to this. The shims used are not ground down washers but Ducati (air-cooled lump) shims and available in a variety of thicknesses and internal diameter to accommodate the thread diam. if you look closely at the pic(2) you will see two shims - one side on. :cry:
Attachments
S200 Shim.jpg
Pic 2 S200 shims x 2
S200 Shim.jpg (30.51 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
S200 T-Bar cover.jpg
Pic1 S200 T-bar cover trimmed
S200 T-Bar cover.jpg (19.55 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
Last edited by Chap on Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AA S200 Mk3
Crossman Phantom
Walther Rotex RM8, CP99
Some more somewhere.

no avatar
Chap

Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:20 am

To follow up, now that I've had a coffee and a sitting, the cover hitting the moderator with the increased length occurred with the original slip-over-and-grub-screw fixed moderator (see poor image below). This moderator has since been binned mainly because pellet clipping was frequent. The 1/2in mount now used is a slimmer, cheap but v effective Guntuff(?) item with a Weihrauch moderator.
Attachments
Pic 3 original moderator.JPG
Original moderator during reservoir measurement
Pic 3 original moderator.JPG (139.16 KiB) Viewed 4176 times
AA S200 Mk3
Crossman Phantom
Walther Rotex RM8, CP99
Some more somewhere.

no avatar
Roger5

Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:10 pm

No problem Mr Chap, and yes your right , if you keep T bar fitting you won't be able to remove the end cover unless you remove the moderator, but if you fit quick fill the problem goes away. Rog