Weihrauch HW100T, HW100T Laminate 177, HW110
Walther Rotex RM8, CP99
Some more somewhere.
A good lady who understands...

no avatar
Fish

Re: S200 quick fill and reg advice.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Well the mk11 200 target arrived earlier this week but I have only had one opportunity to try it out in the garden. It's in lovely condition and seems to holds pressure well. Pellet on pellet at 25 yards and feels even lighter and more pointable than my mk3 from memory. Going to try a side by side comparison over the next few days to see if either is significantly better than the other. Not sure whether I will go down the reg route yet but will definitely fit a quick fill and gauge in the not too distant future. I think this is definitely a keeper, who wouldn't want a light weight accurate rifle with an adjustable stock.

I'm fairly new to the forum and I would post some pictures, but it seems that this is a subject that has been covered in great depth already by some very knowledgable folk.

Thanks again to those that commented for all the advice/help, and also to Raj who I spoke to some time ago when I first started looking for an s200. Looking forward to getting a great deal of pleasure from what now appears to be the start of an expanding collection of s200's. Mk1 next maybe?

no avatar
Mtl_Biker

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Fish wrote:Well the mk11 200 target arrived earlier this week but I have only had one opportunity to try it out in the garden. It's in lovely condition and seems to holds pressure well. Pellet on pellet at 25 yards and feels even lighter and more pointable than my mk3 from memory. Going to try a side by side comparison over the next few days to see if either is significantly better than the other. Not sure whether I will go down the reg route yet but will definitely fit a quick fill and gauge in the not too distant future. I think this is definitely a keeper, who wouldn't want a light weight accurate rifle with an adjustable stock.

I'm fairly new to the forum and I would post some pictures, but it seems that this is a subject that has been covered in great depth already by some very knowledgable folk.

Thanks again to those that commented for all the advice/help, and also to Raj who I spoke to some time ago when I first started looking for an s200. Looking forward to getting a great deal of pleasure from what now appears to be the start of an expanding collection of s200's. Mk1 next maybe?

Congratulations on the new gun!

But I'm curious... a search on the Air Arms site didn't turn up anything about a Mark I or Mark II S200. Only the S200 Target and S200 Sporter (and Sporter FAC). Where can I find out about them?

I recently sold my CZ 200T rifle, but kept the 10-shot magazine and spare cylinder I had, and I ordered one of the new CZ 200S "Green" models, which my dealer says is going into production right about now. What I like about it is that it's higher power than the limited target model I had, and it has a one-piece fully adjustable stock. Not too crazy about the green color though. (I had bought the CZ 200T specifically for 10-meter paper target shooting and found I liked that discipline so much that when I came across a perfect condition used Feinwerkbau 602, I jumped at it. The CZ 200S "Green" will be for general plinking, a little bit of pest control, and maybe even field target competition if it proves accurate enough.)
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sprorter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
Weihrauch HW50S .22
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (Canadian version < 500 fps)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

no avatar
Fish

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:26 pm

The mk1 and mk11 are earlier models with a 2 piece stock. The target model mk11 (designated t200) I have has a fully adjustable stock and came with diopeter sights as standard. Some of the early t200's were low powered for 10m work but I believe we're adjustable enabling you to increase the power. Mine is the full power version currently running just under the legal limit. I think I've got that right but I'm sure there are others on here with far more knowledge than me that can expand on it in more detail. The later mk3 with one piece stock is the one I think you are referring to that is currently on the Air Arms site. Having now used both I can say they are both excellent rifles and seem equally accurate, they just feel very different to handle.

Hope this helps.

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:48 pm

Air Arms 200 and 400 target models are about 6 ftlbs

no avatar
Mtl_Biker

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:09 pm

Fish wrote:The mk1 and mk11 are earlier models with a 2 piece stock. The target model mk11 (designated t200) I have has a fully adjustable stock and came with diopeter sights as standard. Some of the early t200's were low powered for 10m work but I believe we're adjustable enabling you to increase the power. Mine is the full power version currently running just under the legal limit. I think I've got that right but I'm sure there are others on here with far more knowledge than me that can expand on it in more detail. The later mk3 with one piece stock is the one I think you are referring to that is currently on the Air Arms site. Having now used both I can say they are both excellent rifles and seem equally accurate, they just feel very different to handle.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Fish, yes it clears it up for me. But the mk3 you say is on the AA site doesn't have the fully adjustable one-piece stock as the new CZ does.

It looks like the CZ 200S "Green" model is something that Air Arms will not be offering the equivalent of. Here's a link: http://www.czub.cz/en/produkty/vzduchov ... green.html

Other than for the color, it looks like a pretty neat rifle. My CZ 200T had a fully adjustable stock, but it was two-piece and the target version available here in Canada was NOT modifiable for more than 7.5 joules. Where the adjustment screw is on the side of other versions of this rifle, there was absolutely nothing. Plus the transfer port size was also reduced. Would have been a pretty major job to increase the power. The target version sold in the States was (by all reports) different from the Canadian one in that it COULD be fairly easily adjusted for power.

Enjoy your new gun!
AA S510 Xtra FAC Ultimate Sprorter *CARBINE* .22
CZ200S "Green" .177
AA S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Feinwerkbau 800 Evolution Top
Weihrauch HW50S .22
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (Canadian version < 500 fps)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:39 am

@Chap. Do you have an online source for the nylon fishing clamp on the Combro? I used to have one on my scope in the 90s but haven't seen one since.

no avatar
Roger5

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:50 am

TenMetrePeter wrote:@Chap. Do you have an online source for the nylon fishing clamp on the Combro? I used to have one on my scope in the 90s but haven't seen one since.

It's called a coaster, and I will be using one to fit my combro from now on, brilliant, but now my reels fallen off. Veils fishing tackle. Rog

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:02 am

Ta.