Air Rifle Security

gdavison

Re: Air Rifle Security

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:53 pm

eboswan wrote:
BEAR54 wrote:Probably gonna get beaten up for not knowing but what is the requirement for the safe storage of 12ft lb air rifles?
Cheers
Ps not going to say how and where mine are.

There is no legal requirement too store air weapons under 12 foot pounds too the same levels as say shotguns or firearms but since 2011 we must take reasonable precautions to stop unautherised access too anyone under the age of 18

BEAR54 wrote:Cheers no one under 18 has access to mine so they hang up in a cupboard in their bag's. Only kid in the house is 5

From https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/117804/air-weapons-safety-leaflet.pdf

* In many cases, it will be sufficient to store your air weapon in an existing, suitably robust, lockable cupboard – keeping the keys separate and secure.

* Alternatively, you could use a lock or locking device by which your air weapon can be attached to the fabric of a building, or to a fixed feature. Or you could use a security cord, lockable chain or similar device attached to a point of anchorage within the building.

* Even where children are very young, or are not normally present, it is preferable to use some form of security cord or similar device rather than simply storing your air weapon up high and out of reach
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Bloody annoying that,far too heavy too be messing around with.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

gdavison

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 pm

eboswan wrote:Bloody annoying that,far too heavy too be messing around with.

:shock:
Exactly
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT