Pellet Placement..

maddoghutty

Pellet Placement..

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi guys i am trying to find out how to get more accuracy from my pellet placement. When firing 20 to 30 yards my pellet placement is pretty much on the ball, but when going out too 40 and 50 yards and further i seem to get alot of flyers is there anyway to combat against this, where you can still get pellet on pellet. Is it that i may not of found the perfect pellet for my barrel yet, or could it be something else like my scope or deformation of the pellet. I have tried accupel, diablo fields, but still at 40 and 50 yards seem to be getting alot of flyers. Any help on this subject would be a great help guys thx. :?:
MADDOGHUTTY
AirArms S400 Classic .177/ Nikon Mountmaster IR 3 9x50
Air Arms S410 Classic .177 / Hawke Nite eye IR 9x16x60

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: Pellet Placement..

Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:56 pm

Are you adjusting the zoom level on your scope? That will have an effect if only vertical. Otherwise try cleaning your barrel and feeling for any tight spots, and also try JSB Exacts or Air Arms FT pellets.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
Roger5

Re: Pellet Placement..

Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:06 pm

maddoghutty wrote:Hi guys i am trying to find out how to get more accuracy from my pellet placement. When firing 20 to 30 yards my pellet placement is pretty much on the ball, but when going out too 40 and 50 yards and further i seem to get alot of flyers is there anyway to combat against this, where you can still get pellet on pellet. Is it that i may not of found the perfect pellet for my barrel yet, or could it be something else like my scope or deformation of the pellet. I have tried accupel, diablo fields, but still at 40 and 50 yards seem to be getting alot of flyers. Any help on this subject would be a great help guys thx. :?:

How are you trying to do 40/50yds benchrest or bipod or sitting. Not many people can do it standing/kneeling, it does take a lot of practise. Don't stress yourself, I use any support I can to get the results I need, I practise a lot on teaspoons out to 50 and further, I don't get them all day long, but enough times to keep me happy, but as said you need to make sure you have the right pellet 8.4 AADF for my S400 and Weihrauch F&T Special 8.64 for my HW95 ( H&N FTT) don't give up. Rog