Help with combro

moulindu

Help with combro

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:11 am

Hi
I was using combro chrono untill one of my friend borrowed it for checking his air rifle velocity. When he he returned my combro i saw the black plastic sleeve that attaches combro with barrel is broken & he fixed it using adhesive & duct tape. He might have locked his break barrel air rifle holding on to combro. Though that plastic sleeve doesnot move but i am getting "BAD" on every shots. I have changed fresh sets of batteries but its of no use. I have also checked the sensors by blocking it with finger & pressing "Ready" button & it shows signs like (---I) (I---). I have discussed this problem with Robin from combro chronoscope & she mentioned that either those sensor protective plates might be scratched or the pellet entry-exit is not linear to the sensors of chrono (may be due to broken sleeve attachment).

So members ever faced this kind of problem with combro before, am i missing something here & give it a check again. Where can i buy that plastic sleeve from as i have checked http://www.chronoscopes.com/ & even they dont store them. Help me out
Thanks Moulindu

Blackbaronfish

Re: Help with combro

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:51 am

If ever i have problems from shooting and damaging my chrono, i send it to Robin for a repair. Its unusual that he cant help. Try a pencil down the barrel to align everything up.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Brooksy

Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Robin will put a whole new case on it for next to nowt, just contact him on the Combro website and ask how much.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
Phil B

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Get a new friend!

Blackbaronfish

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Robin is out of stock of cases when looking at his Web site.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Brooksy

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:27 pm

Phil B wrote:Get a new friend!

:lol: :lol:
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

moulindu

Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:40 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:Try a pencil down the barrel to align everything up.

Combro came with a barrel alignment tool (yellow coloured plastic stick) & i always use it before shooting pellet as i heard people shoot off their sensors.
I am guessing since that barrel joining sleeve is broken its not staying aligned with barrel on recoil & the pellet is either missing one or both sensors.
Blackbaronfish wrote:If ever i have problems from shooting and damaging my chrono, i send it to Robin for a repair.

Brooksy wrote:Robin will put a whole new case on it for next to nowt, just contact him on the Combro website and ask how much.

I looked for barrel sleeve in accessories section of combro site but its not listed, I sent couple of mails but didnt got any response yet. Is only option left with me is to send the whole chrony to for repair
Thanks Moulindu

no avatar
Roger5

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:44 am

It's listed as V Block on Combro site pn:4-09 £2.65

Raj

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:18 pm

My dear compatriot ... (well I was Indian at birth) ... I have one spare and would be happy to put it in the post for you. No charge. :) Just PM me your postal address
Compliments of British Raj ;)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

moulindu

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:59 pm

Roger5 wrote:It's listed as V Block on Combro site pn:4-09 £2.65

Thanks Roger5, I tried to purchase V Block, spare batteries & 2 pairs of sun filters. But on payment neither got any payment confirmation nor fund was debited from my account. I guess they are out of stock.
Raj wrote:My dear compatriot ... (well I was Indian at birth) ... I have one spare and would be happy to put it in the post for you. No charge. Just PM me your postal address
Compliments of British Raj

Thanx a lot Raj for your benevolence really appreciate your gesture. I will pm you my address.
Regards Moulindu