Help with combro

no avatar
TenMetrePeter

Re: Help with combro

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:38 am

I've used Combro since about 1999 and it has had two new cases. Both times shot off having been lent out. I get them to bring their guns to me now! In the early days they fixed them for free but they are still cheap to repair. The yellow alignment tool wasnt available originally and you were advised to align by eye and if you were uncomfortable with that they offered a refund. Amazing British SME.

They still use serial interface technology. Has anyone successfully automated Combro on USB and particilarly on Macbooks?

gdavison

Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:14 pm

TenMetrePeter wrote:They still use serial interface technology. Has anyone successfully automated Combro on USB and particilarly on Macbooks?

Or more interestingly - any one considered "Serial to Bluetooth" and then an Android Smartphone app ?

As others have said 7.50 flat rate repair is superb service :)
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
Roj 252

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi Y'all I see there's a few members with, or have tried a Combro chronoscope.

I just wondered what the general feeling was, regarding peoples experience with them. I've just bought a Mk4 version with the alignment tool just to make sure I was setting it up correctly. The no's I'm getting are lower than a couple of fairly random checks I've had done at our club, but it does seem to give fairly consistent results.

Any thoughts and experience would be appreciated
Cheers Roj ( TX200HC )

Blackbaronfish

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:48 pm

For the cost they are fantastic. I have used one for years, and I suggest every responsible shooter have one.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Roger5

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:For the cost they are fantastic. I have used one for years, and I suggest every responsible shooter have one.

BBF

I reckon you should be forced to buy one with every new or secondhand rifle, unless you can prove you already have one. Rog

no avatar
Archer50

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi Moulindu - It's can be the sudden jerk when the barrel snaps shut that breaks the Combro body - that happened to me with my HW99. Be very careful when you (or your ex-friend) close the barrel, and support the Combro with your hand or it might happen again.

I have done a lot of work cross-calibrating umpteen Chronos lately, including Skans, Caldwells, Shooting Chrony's, F1's, R2's and a Bluechron (the Mk 1's were very good btw) and found that the Combro is as reliable as anything else for moderated PCP's but less good for anything with an air stripper/muzzle brake, when it can give seriously erratic readings. It is good with springers provided it is secured really tightly to the barrel so it can't move (and you don't break it :shock: ).

Alan