The new AA Galahad

Raj

Re: The new AA Galahad

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Do you know what ?? I am reading this thread and it seems just like old times on the forum 8-) 8-) 8-)

1st impressions - Good.
Then I noticed the GAP !!! Why? What were they thinking? :? :? :?
Then I saw what looks like sculpted 'metal' on the action where 'Galahad' is written ...... or is it ??? If it is, that chunk o fmetal is going to make the rifle bloody heavy. If it isnt metal, it is going to be plastic .... Yuk :roll: .
Like the fact that is ambidextrous and can have the bolt on either side. Like the flexibility of the butt pad, the comb etc.
Like the fact that it comes regulated .. but what price???

KJ ... as a rejoinder to Under Milkwood ...

Blackadder: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick? Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the Valleys, terrorizing people with their close-harmony singing..... You need half a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce the place names. Never ask for directions in Wales, Baldrick. You'll be washing spit out of your hair for a fortnight. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
terry

Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:03 pm

It's possible that the barrel is raised to keep it fairly close to the scope line of sight, a lot of bullpups need the scope to be set well above the bore.

no avatar
FPoole

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 am

Our good friends on the BBS are extolling the looks, actually lack of good looks. It just looks like all other bullpups to me, kinda ugly. Of course, even a regular pcp is ugly to me. Give me Pro Sport, Pro Elite and TX looks any day. Had to edit this. I had forgotten how good the NJR100 and the Shamal looked.

no avatar
CORKY

Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:31 pm

The Galahad Gap, being only able to see the gap between the shroud and the cylinder, that protrudes beyond the stock, I can only hazard a guess why it's there. I don't go along with the imaginative theory that a fatter cylinder, or a bottle could replace the cylinder, or it was done to reduce the 'scope height. I imagine the gap is only a gap where it can be seen, but where it can't be seen, it is full of linkage, between the trigger and the magazine, and a link to the cocking lever so that it can work from both sides. :geek:. And another thing, where the shroud fits the action, the bulbous part resemble a tank turret, now if I added an air stripper it would really look like a tank. Overall I like it, l like it better in black. In wood , there is a marked visual break between the wood and metal, making it look top heavy, with the black stock it just looks chunky. If it's Wildcat price, with a regulator, and seeing that it has a proper rifled barrel, is truly ambidextrous, even have 2 cocking levers, one on each side :roll: , than I will take a look on release day. For a compact carry rifle it beats the 410TD with it's hideous last century artificial limb as a stock. Yep, I like what the techies have done, shame the promo guys have let the side down
Last edited by CORKY on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who saves one life, saves the world entire.

no avatar
mark holding

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:15 pm

Heard from Air Arms today on their facebook page ref: the Galahad to say that the difference between the regulated and unregulated rifle is only £61.50. Not sure what the retail price of the various specs are though.

no avatar
morrisdancer63

Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:51 pm

I see Pelpax are selling it for £1099.99, well under 1100 quid.

no avatar
ditchdangler

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 pm

No not for me either! But I guess AA have done their homework and think there is enough out there to sell a few!

no avatar
KeithS

Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:07 pm

Sorry but at £ 1099 way over priced ..

no avatar
wastrel

Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:28 am

morrisdancer63 wrote:I see Pelpax are selling it for £1099.99, well under 1100 quid.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?
as much as I`d like a `pup-the prices are obscene, BUT
A GRAND!! for summit `Based On` a 4/500 action
how the hell did it become a thousand pounds?
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Raj

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:11 am

Si ... It must be sculpted titanium shroud, mate :)
Raj wrote:Then I saw what looks like sculpted 'metal' on the action where 'Galahad' is written ...... or is it ???
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"