My 10 Yo first HFT this Sunday

no avatar
Goldminer

My 10 Yo first HFT this Sunday

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Well after two years of shotgun shooting I finally feel as though I have good handle on it. In that time the only air gun shooting I have done is with my son Finn when we go to the farm. Finn is nearly ten and as soon as he was old enough to hold a small air pistol I have been teaching him gun safety. As soon as he was big enough to handle a rifle properly I have been teaching him to shoot. He is more than capable now with both springers and PCP's. We went to the Country Fair at Western Park in Aug and Finn cleared the Air Arms HFT Speed shot with a Twin air and then to the amazement of a small crowd of shooters knocked down the 40 Yard reducer with his first shot to be entered into a prize draw with a TX200. He had ask the spotter to load it as it was too big for him to cock. It was then that I realised that he was really quite a good little shot. So this Sunday I am going to have a break from the clays and take him to an open HFT at Cross Guns ARC Kinver. I have retrieved mine and his GML's from the loft and made sure they are all in good working order. Bit of a shock with my pellet stock though, white as a frosty morning :o. Any one know if they can they be restored ?

no avatar
Mason

Re: My 10 Yo first HFT this Sunday

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Try pouring boiling water over them, it works for "furry" battery terminals.

no avatar
davyt63

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi Paul
Bin the pellets,get some new ones.there is an open shoot at penkeridge gun club this Sunday quiet a few of us are going there.to shoot the comp and also look at the venue,for our VHTV meet in May,would be good to see ya,if you can make it Sunday?
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
Goldminer

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:09 pm

good to hear from you Davey, hope you are well. I would bring Finn over to Penkridge ARC but he has his heart set on the Kinver comp. Great venue for for a meet Penkridge. Pub a mile down the road, big river to fall in when your really drunk and a nice flat field for doughnuts in the van :lol: a nice metalled road for the cars, so no bogged cars. Tony has a really nice course set out along the river. Let me know when the meet is and I will be there to help you drink all that beer. Give my regards to Si.

Timmytree

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Mason wrote:Try pouring boiling water over them, it works for "furry" battery terminals.

Then spray a bit of "pledge" in a sandwich bag and roll the pellets in it before putting them back in the tin. More consistent but an extra 10 fps.