Most expensive air pistol.

no avatar
zippy

Most expensive air pistol.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:37 am

As we all know Spectre is at the Cinemas across the uk. well, the world soon.

Although I enjoyed watching Spectre there is only one Bond and that is Sean Connery.

Here bellow has to be the most expensive Air Pistol ever sold. The Walther LP53,

The story go's like this, wile doing a photo shoot for the second Jimmy Bond film... ( From Russia With Love) Staring Sean Connery, They lost the Walther PPK.
So, the photographer- gentleman was an air pistol hobbyist and had the Walther LP53 in the boot of his car so this pistol was Quickly used for the photo shoot and held by Sean Connery in the poster photos of the film (From Russia With Love) and the Walther LP53 started the famous Gun logo of the Bond Films.

So this pistol bellow sold for WOW! £277,250 that is a very expensive air pistol... :shock: :D

see bellow... :D

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/memo ... tails.aspx

Sean holding now! the most expensive air pistol bellow.

http://www.carmelowalsh.com/2015/02/rus ... e-letters/
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Katzenjammer

Re: Most expensive air pistol.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:03 pm

We were discussing this at the range the other day. Some of the older members owned one of these or similar models. I'm surprised you haven't bought that 2nd hand air pistol of Dave's (Bob's helper). It will outshoot any of your rifles at the right range. A proper Olympic target pistol.

But you missed the best thing - a mint WW2 Luger. Apparently loads of these unissued from WW2. Only those that can has of course Mick ;) But it's going back as the owner wanted a used WW1 model.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Pat g

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Katzenjammer wrote:We were discussing this at the range the other day. Some of the older members owned one of these or similar models. I'm surprised you haven't bought that 2nd hand air pistol of Dave's (Bob's helper). It will outshoot any of your rifles at the right range. A proper Olympic target pistol.

But you missed the best thing - a mint WW2 Luger. Apparently loads of these unissued from WW2. Only those that can has of course Mick ;) But it's going back as the owner wanted a used WW1 model.

Yes i can remember having a conversation with Bob Dunkley Steve and i happened to mention that i used to know a certain German RFD in North Shields who Went by the name of Rudi Seiber. Bob of course knew of him like myself when we all shot fullbore pistol back in the good old days :) I used to buy quite a bit of my reloading components from Rudi as he always seemed to have "what you were looking for hiding away in the back of the shop" The unusual thing about Rudi's shop was that in fact it was a Barbers shop!!! of all things and Rudi was an old time Barber and the sideline was the Gunshop.
I relayed the story of one Saturday afternoon i'd gone in the shop to buy some Powder and i happened to say to Rudi "have you got any Lugers in" He boomed back, You Vaaant Lugers " i have any Luger you may vaaant" Rudi vanishes out the back and returns quickly and produces what i can only describe as the best selection of unissued WW2 Lugers i have ever had the pleasure of casting my eyes on. All boxed and still in their grease proof packaging. Naval models, officers models and the one that really caught my eye was a long barrelled artillery model!!! He also had various Broom Handle Mausers and some beautiful PPK's amongst various other things. I did'nt purchase one because it was really a passing fad and i already had a 9mm Beretta 92f which was a dammed sight safer than any Luger. They had a terrible reputation for the top toggle flying off during cycling :o Happy days. Its brought back happy memories writing this post. Rudi of course has long since passed away but a true character and one who will be remembered by nearly everyone who shot pistols back in the day. Not many gunshops you could go to now and get a hair cut into the bargain!!! :lol: Bob and i had a good old laugh remembering Old Rudi :lol:
ATB,
Pat
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

Katzenjammer

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Pat g wrote: i'd gone in the shop to buy some Powder
ATB,
Pat

REALLY!!!! Black or freshly chopped and cut white powder? Did you get a cuppa though or "something for the weekend sir?" :lol:
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
zippy

Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Katzenjammer wrote:
ATB,
Pat

REALLY!!!! Black or freshly chopped and cut white powder? Did you get a cuppa though or "something for the weekend sir?" :lol:

I see,,, I'm going to get the cuppa in the gun shop, humor forever eh!.. if I buy a Luger do's it come with a cuppa.
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto

Katzenjammer

Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:37 pm

zippy wrote:
Katzenjammer wrote:
ATB,
Pat

I see,,, I'm going to get the cuppa in the gun shop, humor forever eh!.. if I buy a Luger do's it come with a cuppa.

Oh come Mick a good looking chap like you can take a bit of jesting? By the way Bob has a new mirror in the toilet. :lol: Can't see them granting you a licence for a Luger mate even with your film star looks (Boris Karloff that is) :lol: :lol: :lol:
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Pat g

Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:57 pm

zippy wrote:
Katzenjammer wrote:
ATB,
Pat

I wish you could have seen the collection of Lugers Mick. Like i say best examples i've ever seen and even someone who had no interest in Firearms would have appreciated them purely for their historical interest. Sadly neither you or i will ever get the chance to own one now mate :( Certainly not in our lifetime. Don't get me started about the 1988 firearms amendment act!!! :?
Turned out to be an interesting post this has by the way ;)
ATB,
Pat
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

no avatar
zippy

Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:30 pm

I must say you do have good taste Steve too notice my Boy'ish good-looks.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vziUC1IT0wo

I can take a joke Steve honest... :D

PS, They buggered up any handgun ownership in the UK, even for sports shooters.
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
Alecto

no avatar
Pat g

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:25 pm

zippy wrote:I must say you do have good taste Steve too notice my Boy'ish good-looks.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vziUC1IT0wo

I can take a joke Steve honest... :D

PS, They buggered up any handgun ownership in the UK, even for sports shooters.

That is very true Mick. Another example of how the 1988 act was not thought through at all. Without meaning to drift off topic :oops:
ATB,
Pat
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

no avatar
Tyke

Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:15 am

My father in law found a brand new box of Lugers after the paras jumped over the Rhine in 1945. The much sorted after pistols were exchanged with other soldiers and stashed for the return journey home by plane. When they did return though it was by boat and they were told on board in no uncertain terms that anyone found with contraband would be servearly punished. He said it quite comical when he went top side to ditch his pistol as virtually every soldier on board was dropping stuff over the side. So somewhere in the channel there's a rich hoard of Third Reich memorabilia.
Redfearns F.T.C.
TX200hc
HW98