What do you think of this.

no avatar
zippy

What do you think of this.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:34 am

Well It's nothing new really Theoben went into receivership not so long ago.

And impact air guns setup a new factory here in the UK and re-started making a new line of airguns based on the Rapid 7 action, although with some significant improvements.

They are not cheap air rifles although i'm lead to believe the Quality is there, you do however have a nice choice of configurations like Buddy bottle for the hunter or plinker. and full adjustable stock with nice cylinder affair all based on the same action with fill probe and gauge cut out loading port for single loading or magazine.

I think this bellow is a lovely rifle with great adjustable stock and nice carbine size, however, just to expensive when an HW100, or s410 will do the same job for considerably less cash.
Although nice to see the Theoben action still going People still love these rifles and there is still a lot of enthusiast for the rapid's.

see bellow... video from http://www.impactairguns.co.uk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weyGpVoXxOE

and the line up,,, from Impact air guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjNKGZTO1U4

I have to be honest I would really like both the GSX600 and the buddy bottle model, But... they are just too darn expensive.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

Geordie

Re: What do you think of this.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:20 pm

The 600 looks a nice rifle, nice stock on it, looks suspiciously like a CS jobby? The others Im not mad keen on, I'll keep my MFR thanks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
Brooksy

Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:19 pm

I have a Rapid Mk2 in .20 and wouldn't swap it for anything.
Impact haven't made any improvements of note and their customer service is rude to say the least.

If you want a Rapid, buy second hand and give me a shout, I will service it and tune it to perfection.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
Pat g

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Brooksy wrote:I have a Rapid Mk2 in .20 and wouldn't swap it for anything.
Impact haven't made any improvements of note and their customer service is rude to say the least.

If you want a Rapid, buy second hand and give me a shout, I will service it and tune it to perfection.

Ha ha!! customer service rude eh :) So impact are keeping up the Theoben tradition then of customer service!!!???. I found Theoben to be nothing short of disgraceful on the customer service side. I have never dealt with a company of any description with a total disregard for customer satisfaction as i did with Theoben. 4 Evolutions sent back only to be returned with the same problem. The rifles simply not fit for purpose. Utter rubbish. Yet the original Theoben company, when formed had an excellent reputation. I can't comment on Impact though having never had dealings with them.
The Rapids certainly seem to have their following! ;)
ATB,
Pat
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

Katzenjammer

Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:34 am

I've never really liked the styling of the Theoben PCP range and some of the Impacts seem little different. Never been a buddy bottle fan - ruins the lines imo. I don't like the blocky breech or the notchy actions that most seem to have. The gas ram range is ok but the early Theobens are the ones to go for. I witnessed Pat's frustrations with the Evolutions he had and it has coloured my perceptions of the old company. One hopes the new company would bring in a new ethos. Clearly not.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007