Pro Sport spring guide

no avatar
Ken G

Pro Sport spring guide

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a rear spring guide for a Pro Sport as mine fits about as snug as a sausage in a bucket, would prefer steel.
Thanks in advance.

Sake-san

Re: Pro Sport spring guide

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:19 pm

Dear Ken

To work well they need to be a rather tight fit, thus without the exact dimensions of your spring it will be something of a lottery.
No doubt there are people on here who make such things and one imagines that you can either;
Send them your exact and precise spring dimensions
Send them your spring
Order from them a new spring with matching custom guides

Can't imagine why you would prefer steel?, except for calibrating piston weight as a top hat but, for the rear / bottom guide delrin or other synthetic alternatives are generally better.

Good luck and have the requisite fun.
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

Timmytree

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Standard spring? Just contact Nick, otherwise known as tinbum and get one of his guide and tophat kits, all the parts are interchangeable so you can play around with weights and preload.

no avatar
Ken G

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Thanks for that guys will give nick a call tomorrow.

roadrunner

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Ive got a welsh willy spring kit in mine,ive also tried a tinbum guide kit on the stock spring and the original spring and steel guides, all three set ups will twang after six months of heavy use, all three give a differant feel but the gun is no more accurate than a stock set up,the standard guides however give a much more consistant shot cycle at full power with just a 6fps spread, dont be fooled by what you read the stock set up with a good quality grease is all you need,for instence i can hit a trebor mint at 55 yards regular off my shooting sticks and iam no sharpe shot i shoot for fun