copper pellets?

no avatar
wastrel

copper pellets?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Either I've just found these or it's the first time I've paid attention, anyone tried them?
yeah I know I could google them, but I like to get honest opinions from members I trust with real world experience.
thoughts appreciated.
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member

Hermun

Re: copper pellets?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:27 pm

I've been using the copper ones in .22 21grn same as the bis mag's the shoot fine and hit hard.
have not chronno'd yet but my thoughts they should be faster as they seem very slippery, if that makes any sense
If you don't like pellet drop Get FAC Air !

raygun

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Ah! Full metal jacket eh!

Will cut down on lead poisoning :lol:

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
granville

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:30 pm

used them the seemed ok to me.

darran77

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Used the H&N ones in my .177TDR , and they do shoot hard and fast but! and there is a big but.
I sent my TDR in for a service with my chosen copper pellets and found that although my gun shoots really well, in fact better than me,
they were only producing -10ftlbs on the chrono whilst AA diablo and JSB's were up at the 11.5's .
So the desision was made to change over to lead but save the copper ones for the targets since i had 2,000+ in the drawer,
The only conclusion i could make regarding the difference in output was that the skirts on the copper ones were as hard as the rest of the pellet
and thus was not balooning to fit the barrel like its softer lead variety.
But don't let me put you off them as they do hit really hard but checking on the H&N web site they are recomended for 12ftlb guns up to 50m ranges.
http://www.hn-sport.de/en/products/air- ... power.html
daz
IFAC member

no avatar
wastrel

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:04 pm

darran77 wrote:Used the H&N ones in my .177TDR , and they do shoot hard and fast but! and there is a big but.
I sent my TDR in for a service with my chosen copper pellets and found that although my gun shoots really well, in fact better than me,
they were only producing -10ftlbs on the chrono whilst AA diablo and JSB's were up at the 11.5's .
So the desision was made to change over to lead but save the copper ones for the targets since i had 2,000+ in the drawer,
The only conclusion i could make regarding the difference in output was that the skirts on the copper ones were as hard as the rest of the pellet
and thus was not balooning to fit the barrel like its softer lead variety.
But don't let me put you off them as they do hit really hard but checking on the H&N web site they are recomended for 12ftlb guns up to 50m ranges.
http://www.hn-sport.de/en/products/air- ... power.html
daz

now that's the reply I wanted, Zippy, Raygun! c`mon guys, I know you know (Y'know :lol: )
AA S200
Walther LGU
Westlake fit for the bin
Webley Raider 10
Walther underlever
1st Grand Order member