Thinking of packing in shooting

Hermun

Re: Thinking of packing in shooting

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi mate, know exactly what you mean about lack of interest, It really is good to take a break then try again before you decide to jack in.
maybe a local club and some banter face to face would rekindle the spirit.

all the best
If you don't like pellet drop Get FAC Air !

no avatar
Outandabout

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi all
Thanks for the replies.
I wont be rushing into anything - maybe give it till well into next autumn.
Our lass thinks I should get another dog. I had to put my old dog to sleep just before christmas- she was 19 years old though.
But was still working before she took bad.
Anyway again thanks lads.
Kevin

Iced Tiger

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:46 am

I have not been out since last August, too busy with the new house at the moment :roll: . I have found an indoor range about a mile down the road at £6 a day, not tried it yet though.
AA FTP 900 .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter R .177 ~ Hawke Airmax 30 8-32X50
AA Ultimate Sporter XS Xtra FAC .22 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi 6-24X50
AA TX200 HC MKIII .177 ~ Hawke Nite-Eye Digi4-16X50
AA Alfa Pistol .177 ~ Very Shiny

no avatar
Manc Tom

Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:53 am

This is a common problem know as SAD syndrome (Shooting Addiction Disruption) but it is by no means incurable. The cure consists of logging on to as many shooting forums as possible and entering a Zen state where the imagination takes control of your thought process, enabling you to transport yourself to your favourite shooting scenario. You will then be able to experience the perfect shot time after time.

For those of you that do not shoot springers, then tough! sorry can't help you lot cos you have no sole !!!!!!!! lol.

Tom

no avatar
mrb911no2

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:39 pm

I hope your motivation comes back soon Kevin - As you said definitely waiting until autumn to decide.

I haven't been out since November - it's either been too wet or I've had man flu or the wife and kids have had me doing other stuff BUT the sun is out and I've just sent a text to the farmer confirming i'm ok to go over tomorrow teatime - no problem she said - I can't wait - It's amazing what a bit of sunshine and dry weather does :D

no avatar
gary martin

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:13 pm

if you leave it too long, you will lose interest. use it, or lose it. keep your options open, if you do get the bug again you will have to fork out again.
Gary.

no avatar
Phil B

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:32 am

gary martin wrote:if you leave it too long, you will lose interest. use it, or lose it. keep your options open, if you do get the bug again you will have to fork out again.
Gary.

I agree. I have seen several people make a decision to sell (never at a profit) then have to buy at current market rates. If you can afford to mothball the kit then do it and wait for a flash of light and you'll be off again.

no avatar
kriss

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:11 pm

never felt like this and started shooting when I was 13 and 62 this year. go shooting in my wood come rain shine in fact whatever the weather every Saturday without fail and sometimes in the week. couldn't imagine my life without shooting now.

eddie666

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:20 am

Outandabout wrote:Hi all,
Nice to be back. Its taken me a while to even register on the new site I seem to be losing interest in all things air rifle?.
I have owned air rifles for over 40 years and this winter i just can not get myself motivated to go out and use them. I have some good small perms with loads of rabbits but i have been making exscuses not to go out, either during the day or night.
Never felt this way before, but we have had some crap weather - loads of wind and rain and maybe i have became lazy, or just cheesed off because i could not net out when i wanted to.
Anybody else been through this. How did you overcome it.
Cheers
Kevin

i think that every time i should go out on my motorcycle , it hardly gets used ,
but its paid for .
it would cost lots to replace if i sold it,
and i have all the kit to go with it ,
i have to tax it mot it keep it charged up and not let the brakes stick on and run the engine etc
so it can sit in the shed looking good.
but i love it and its there if i want to use it ,
SO AIR RIFLES ARE A LOT EASER TO KEEP EVEN IF THEY DO NOT GET USED MUCH ESPECIALLY SPRINGERS LIKE I ONLY HAVE NOW. SO JUST KEEP THEM AND GO OUT WHEN YOU WANT TO,
prosport 177 2015 walnut
tx200 .22 1998 mk2
walther lgv comp ultra 1.77 2014
walther lgu .22 2014

no avatar
gary martin

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:48 pm

Outandabout wrote:Hi all,
Nice to be back. Its taken me a while to even register on the new site I seem to be losing interest in all things air rifle?.
I have owned air rifles for over 40 years and this winter i just can not get myself motivated to go out and use them. I have some good small perms with loads of rabbits but i have been making exscuses not to go out, either during the day or night.
Never felt this way before, but we have had some crap weather - loads of wind and rain and maybe i have became lazy, or just cheesed off because i could not net out when i wanted to.
Anybody else been through this. How did you overcome it.
Cheers
Kevin

have you considred trying a different branch of shooting, just for something different? FT/HFT etc.