Thinking of packing in shooting

no avatar
Outandabout

Thinking of packing in shooting

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi all,
Nice to be back. Its taken me a while to even register on the new site I seem to be losing interest in all things air rifle?.
I have owned air rifles for over 40 years and this winter i just can not get myself motivated to go out and use them. I have some good small perms with loads of rabbits but i have been making exscuses not to go out, either during the day or night.
Never felt this way before, but we have had some crap weather - loads of wind and rain and maybe i have became lazy, or just cheesed off because i could not net out when i wanted to.
Anybody else been through this. How did you overcome it.
Cheers
Kevin

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: Thinking of packing in shooting

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:40 pm

yep I`ve been like that a few times...how did I get over it..i just forced myself too go out and the enjoyment in shooting returned :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Timmytree

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Give the rifles a good clean and put them away. Wait for a nice dry sunny day and go for a walk round the permissions without a rifle, just you and binoculars and a flask of tea. Keep doing that and sooner or later you'll get the urge to go shooting again. Winter is always bad, I know because I've felt the same.
As soon as warmer weather and half grown rabbits arrive I'm back to normal.

no avatar
Tyke

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:52 pm

I have the same problem every year with fishing I put all my gear away when the cold weather comes but come spring out it comes again. I would just clean, oil and store your gear then just take a break and give yourself time to make your mind up
Redfearns F.T.C.
TX200hc
HW98

no avatar
granville

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:56 pm

i just leave it for week or two i find better weather longer days soon gets me back .
and new toys like photon sight .

Blackbaronfish

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:12 pm

Your not alone. I hear it so many times. a good way is to introduce someone to the sport. Your juices will soon run again ;)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
chris.e

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Don't sell up unless you are 100% certain.
I felt the same way a few months ago having not shot for about 18mths. I even advertised my guns but I saw the light and a quick change of heart saw me withdraw them from sale.
Just force yourself to get out with your kit and see how it goes. It'll probably inspire you to get back into it.

no avatar
Mason

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:30 am

I know what you mean, I haven't used ant of my gear for well over 12 months :oops: , though I just can't bring myself to sell any of it because I'll regret it if I do.
I still enjoy the banter on the AAOC though :D

roadrunner

Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Your not alone. I hear it so many times. a good way is to introduce someone to the sport. Your juices will soon run again ;)

BBF

What sport are on about bbf :lol: :lol: :lol:

no avatar
Axelrod

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Stopped shooting four years ago but could not bear to sell my kit. Found this forum at the end of 2013 and got a new lease of life. Keep your kit. dave