Trying something new!

Kwaka

Trying something new!

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:07 pm

I'm in the process of moving to a new rifle club that accommodated FAC and airguns. The old club was not bad, but i wanted more of a place where i could sit and chat with people and learn more about firearms and airguns and maybe shoot some new disciplines.

So last week i took my S400 classic down to the club. The guy next to me was shooting a postal bench rest competition card with his Daystate. I got chatting to him about how the postal comp works and how things are scored etc.

After he had finished i had a go at a couple of cards as well. Now i have never shot competition in any way shape or form really, and getting used to using the rear bag rest was a bit of a new challenge, but i figured what have I got to lose by trying?

I shot the two cards and took them in to show my mentor and range officer, he marked them as a 98.1 and a 95.1 good enough to be in the club second team! I was well pleased. Looking forward to going again this Thursday! It's air only this week on the range, but my mentor has said he will bring his BSA International .22LR next week to have a go bench rest shooting that as well. Should be well different to my CZ455!
S400 Classic .22
Beretta 682 Gold E 30" O/U M/C
Sabel SxS 28" F/C
CZ 455 Varmint .22lr SAK moderator

Geordie

Re: Trying something new!

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Well done you! :D Keep at it mate 8-)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
Zeewulf

Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:08 pm

What club you shooting at as I'm also in Redditch and shoot at both Harriers FT Club (http://www.harriersftc.co.uk/) or Kinver Arc (http://www.kinverarc.co.uk/).
Air Arms MPR FT

Kwaka

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:53 am

Zeewulf wrote:What club you shooting at as I'm also in Redditch and shoot at both Harriers FT Club (http://www.harriersftc.co.uk/) or Kinver Arc (http://www.kinverarc.co.uk/).

Hi Zeewulf

I am a probationary member at the 8th Warwicks club at Bearley whilst i transfer my membership over from Wedgnock. I need to be a member of a club for my FAC licence

I don't shoot HFT or FT as due to my shift work its not possible to always attend on certain days. Occasionally a few of my friends and I will get together and we will take a day trip to Furnace Mill. But with this club open five evenings a week it's much easier and with a postal type competition makes life really easy.

Neil
S400 Classic .22
Sabel SxS 28" F/C

Kwaka

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:32 pm

A further update.

Went to the range yesterday, but unfortunately we didn't have the BSA to have a go with. However I tried a Ruger lever action in .22lr, standing shooting. I dont usually do any standing shooting especially after having surgery on my left shoulder, but the rifle was really light so i had a go. It looked like i had set off a shotgun cartridge! but at least they were mainly scoring!

After that i had a go with a .357 lever action, now that was more to my liking, i think the heavier rifle was actually better. I would need to work on the strength of my shoulder before I could do anything really approaching a good score, but i did achieve two 9's and two 8's and three 7's out of the ten shots over open sights.

Now where is that licence variation form! But more significantly how am I going to hide the new rifles form the wife?! :o :o :D :D

Neil
S400 Classic .22
Sabel SxS 28" F/C

Raj

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:10 pm

I cant remember who it was on the old forum but someone had a signature that read ....

"My worst nightmare is that one day I will die suddenly and my wife will sell my guns for what I said I bought them for ...." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"