s400 trigger help

no avatar
wezdavo

s400 trigger help

Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:40 pm

When you pull the trigger through its first stage and release it, is it supposed to go floppy or is it supposed to reset the first stage?

I have polished up and fitted crinkle washers a while ago but this is something that has been bugging me especially when trying to set the trigger light..

Mine has no return spring on the trigger as it has a rowan one (looks like the MPR variant)

It is also the 3 sear type..

It has a nice clean break and no creep..

no avatar
wezdavo

Re: s400 trigger help

Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Sorted it..

Took the plate off to see what was happening with the sears in motion..

I was taking up too much of the top sear with the first stage, this was why I was having to use so much of the adjusting spring preload to stop the sears binding as they were edge to edge by the time the second stage screw touched..

no avatar
singlespeed

Re: s400 trigger help

Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:44 am

When I received my S410, the trigger felt slightly rough, so i quickly stripped it down for a polish. I was surprised to find the screws on the trigger mechanism cover plate were slightly loose.

After the clean up, I refitted the cover and nipped up the screws but this resulted in something binding. The trigger could be pulled but it had a bit more drag and wouldn't spring back completely. Slackenning the screws 1/4turn resolved it, so I'm suspecting the trigger pivot area or first sear is a bit too tight.

I left it like that for now, as I'll be in there again soon :roll: I'll get the feeler gauges out next time and check for any clearance.