Scottish Air Gun Licence Stage 3 - D Day

no avatar
Saltire

Re: Scottish Air Gun Licence Stage 3 - D Day

Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 pm

A petition has been started to prevent the government from banning Air Weapons in the UK.

Here is the link https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron- ... -in-the-uk
Air Arms FTP-900, BASC

raygun

Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:55 pm

I wasn't aware that anyone had proposed a ban on airguns. Only the SNP wants, and will, licence them.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
Saltire

Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:15 am

raygun wrote:I wasn't aware that anyone had proposed a ban on airguns. Only the SNP wants, and will, licence them.

ATB
Ray.

Neither was I until I saw this link to the petition on another forum :D
Air Arms FTP-900, BASC

no avatar
Big Dog

Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:54 am

I'm wondering if any on here have read the Bill that was passed? I took time in the early hours of this morning to digest it. The one thing that stands out is that it was not solely a Bill to licence air guns! The Bill itself was actually about a wider reform of the entire licensing regime in Scotland, the Bill was not simply about air guns. The Bill that was heard and passed dealt with giving licensing powers in many different areas of business and leisure: for example, to give councils the power to reject applications for new pubs, off-licences, lap dancing clubs and private hire cars on the grounds that there are too many in the area. The Bill also imposes new regulations on scrap metal dealers to cut down on theft, including a requirement to get proper identification from those selling scrap and refuse payment in cash. The air gun licensing proposals were simply tacked onto this Bill in the hope that as people voted in favor of the other aspects of the Bill, the airgun licensing legislation would simply be included...............and it worked. The SNP effectively blackmailed those MP's voting, as had they voted no to airgun licensing, they would have therefore voted no to the other aspects of the Bill, which were in reality worthwhile legislation. So they voted yes to get the licensing legislation needed for other areas and thus by default voted in the airgun licensing part of the Bill. The Conservatives in Scotland opposed the Bill, making it clear that they did not support it because of the manner in which the airgun legislation had been tacked on, openly stating that they felt a separate Bill/Legislation dealing solely with airgun was required. Sadly it is clear that the majority vote for the Bill was not a vote for airgun licensing, but a vote for all the other licensing aspects included within the Bill.

I've spoken with a Police Officer friend of mine in Scotland this morning, it's fairly clear that had the vote/Bill been solely about the licensing of air guns, it would probably not have been voted in. Makes you kinda a wonder.

Timmytree

Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Big Dog wrote:I'm wondering if any on here have read the Bill that was passed? I took time in the early hours of this morning to digest it. The one thing that stands out is that it was not solely a Bill to licence air guns! The Bill itself was actually about a wider reform of the entire licensing regime in Scotland, the Bill was not simply about air guns. The Bill that was heard and passed dealt with giving licensing powers in many different areas of business and leisure: for example, to give councils the power to reject applications for new pubs, off-licences, lap dancing clubs and private hire cars on the grounds that there are too many in the area. The Bill also imposes new regulations on scrap metal dealers to cut down on theft, including a requirement to get proper identification from those selling scrap and refuse payment in cash. The air gun licensing proposals were simply tacked onto this Bill in the hope that as people voted in favor of the other aspects of the Bill, the airgun licensing legislation would simply be included...............and it worked. The SNP effectively blackmailed those MP's voting, as had they voted no to airgun licensing, they would have therefore voted no to the other aspects of the Bill, which were in reality worthwhile legislation. So they voted yes to get the licensing legislation needed for other areas and thus by default voted in the airgun licensing part of the Bill. The Conservatives in Scotland opposed the Bill, making it clear that they did not support it because of the manner in which the airgun legislation had been tacked on, openly stating that they felt a separate Bill/Legislation dealing solely with airgun was required. Sadly it is clear that the majority vote for the Bill was not a vote for airgun licensing, but a vote for all the other licensing aspects included within the Bill.

I've spoken with a Police Officer friend of mine in Scotland this morning, it's fairly clear that had the vote/Bill been solely about the licensing of air guns, it would probably not have been voted in. Makes you kinda a wonder.

Nothing to wonder about Paul.
It's a great example of the snide, sneaky, underhand tactics used by the gutless, lying toerags that were voted into power all over the UK. Whatever party they are they all have the same agenda. Screw the little man.

raygun

Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:42 pm

This Bill was always going to be passed, come what may.

The original Calman Report on Devolution to Scotland contained the request for full control over Firearms legislation. Westminster told them where to go. The report was amended to just control over low powered airguns. Westminster agreed to this as it didn't really mean anything to anybody, including the SNP.
Because they had it they were going to be forced to use it. It will cost a fortune to administer and the end result will be no return on the expenditure. Airgun crime is falling year on year anyway. It will however probably increase when people are prosecuted for not having a licence :roll:

Only the law abiding will comply anyway and the others will continue doing what they've always done. It will also probably create an increase in FAC ownership.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
Saltire

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Here is more evidence for the government now. :evil:

Why do these people do this. I hope they get caught and receive a custodial sentence for a large number of years :evil:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t ... l-33317867
Air Arms FTP-900, BASC

no avatar
woogie

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:51 pm

Sounds like your typical politicians.

Really a shame crap like this happens. As the people that are against the main portion of the bill, but support airguns are.....Well as we say here...screwed either way. Doesn't matter how they vote, it will be a negative in the media one way or another. Your common folk really don't read these bills and only go off what is reported...which as we all know is typically a load of bovine excrement.

That linked article is really misleading.....Just sounds like two guys made a poor choice and fled. Should like the guy that was hit could be ok, and it was an accident. Could it be that the news outlet is trying to make it worse than it really was?

huntsman

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Might as well go for the fac instead of the new licence if price/conditions are much the same

no avatar
singlespeed

Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:59 am

huntsman wrote:Might as well go for the fac instead of the new licence if price/conditions are much the same

I'm thinking that too. Will save any chance of getting pulled for being over the 12ft/lb limit.