Which scope to go for

moulindu

Which scope to go for

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:37 am

Hi
I am planning to buy a scope for my TX 200 MKIII for sometime now, I have gone through many reviews & narrowed down to hawke optics. Now I am having a conflict for either varmint or airmax sf30, both in 3-12 mag. I have opted out sidewinder as i have not found out people shooting springer with sidewinder. The main question is it worth spending extra cash for airmax & gain extra pound on TX or varmint scope fit the bill. I hunt occasionally but got into 45 to 70 yard shooting recently. I use night vision rig as well for ratting, but any way i use bench for that added weight. Members with experience can help me settle down.
Regards Moulindu

no avatar
fiestazetecmk2

Re: Which scope to go for

Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:21 pm

I've got a varmint 6-24-44 sf with a 100 mm sidewheel adapted from another maker on my tx200hc,but I love it,does everything I want it too,but there's many scopes to choose from,just depends what you need it for,very good optics in my opinion,hope this helps,also buy a sunshade for it I'd ,hope this helps,
Tx200hc.22 .cs1000 stock,hawke varmint sf 6-24-44

no avatar
devonhunter

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:32 pm

usually with scopes you definetly get what you pay for, i had a hawke sport HD but it seemed to keep loosing zero so i bought my mamba lite and after spending and extra £110 more i got a whole new level of shooting and after lots of practice i can hit rabbits and kill them right out at 60+ yards easily. i copuld never reach that type of performance with my hawke. so for me its definitely worth adding a good bit more to your budget
AA S410 .22 LH walnut stock MTC viper 10x44 harris 1A2-H bipod

roadrunner

Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:26 am

Ive got a hawke sport non AO and after i refocused the objective lense its amazing and its a keeper, its survived a spell on my prosport and has produced sub 5p groups at 50 yards all for £45

Sake-san

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:34 am

If you can I really recommend that you actually try looking through whatever you shortlist prior to purchasing. What suits one persons eyes may well not suit another's . It is advice that I wish someone had given me years ago, I would have saved a lot of money and subsequent dissapointments & frustration 8-)
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10-50x60
TX200/Gary Cane/Sightron SIII 10x42
TX200 test / analysis gun

moulindu

Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:09 am

Sake-san wrote:If you can I really recommend that you actually try looking through whatever you shortlist prior to purchasing. What suits one persons eyes may well not suit another's . It is advice that I wish someone had given me years ago, I would have saved a lot of money and subsequent dissapointments & frustration

I absolutely agree with you. but there are no gunshops in my area & even if I visit to the nearest one they donot stock these kind of scopes. The only way available is by ordering online or asking the vendor to get one for me. So with my limited options the only possible wayout is to get as much information as possible & keep my fingers crossed.
Regards Moulindu

no avatar
Saltire

Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:36 pm

Sake-san wrote:If you can I really recommend that you actually try looking through whatever you shortlist prior to purchasing. What suits one persons eyes may well not suit another's . It is advice that I wish someone had given me years ago, I would have saved a lot of money and subsequent dissapointments & frustration 8-)

Very good advice :D
Air Arms FTP-900, BASC

no avatar
grauhanen

Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:52 am

I have a TX200 Mk III and I have Varmint scopes and a brand new Airmax 30 SF. The TX has a Varmint 4-16 and I like it a great deal. The Varmint is about half the price of the Airmax 30 SF but does a great job. The Airmax 30 SF is a terrific scope, but it would make an already heavy rifle even heavier. I have my Airmax 30 8-32 on a CZ 455 17hmr.