S510 mag indexing fault

no avatar
lanky mk

S510 mag indexing fault

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:16 pm

Hi guys and gals, afew questions.

I've had my S510 US for about 5 weeks now and I've put just over 2000 pellets down it and now the spring for indexing has lost its "springiness" and won't index mag at all and won't flip out my rowen enginearing single shot adaptor.

Now I've replaced that part and it's working fine now but would like to know, it's that to be expected that the spring fails every 2000+ shots?

I've mostly used the rowen single shot adaptor, I've heard that can wear it out. Is this true? Has any one else found this to be the case with the adaptor?

Looking at the mag and adaptor i can't see why the adaptor would (at least prematurely) wear the spring out compared to the 10 shot mag.

Ps: is there anyone else who makes single shot adaptors? Maybe more like a tray type you drop pellet in instead of a flip out.

Thanks for your time

Mark

no avatar
lanky mk

Re: S510 mag indexing fault

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Axelr wrote:I must have at least 10000 pellets through mine. Everything still works flawlessley. I also have the Rowan single shot adapter but don't use it much. Works fine.

I think RC mags has a tray type adapter but I doubt that is the problem. Maybe though.

Thanks for the reply Axelr.

Who or what is RC mags?

Mark

no avatar
lanky mk

Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:13 am

Axelr wrote:http://airgunclips.com/

That's perfect , thanks Axelr.

After thinking about how both mag and the rowen adapter work the spring i understand how the adaptor over works the spring. This single shot tray will be perfect, just need to get one shipped over from the USA, I'm surprised no one this side of the pond has done one.

Mark

no avatar
davyt63

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:26 pm

lanky mk wrote:

After thinking about how both mag and the rowen adapter work the spring i understand how the adaptor over works the spring. This single shot tray will be perfect, just need to get one shipped over from the USA, I'm surprised no one this side of the pond has done one.

Mark

hi Buddy

try A&Mcustomgunsmiths Adi made one for me,out of delrin i think? a few years back. google is your friend

regards

Davy Thomas
did i mention,i have done one less meet then Ray, lol.

no avatar
lanky mk

Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:44 am

davyt63 wrote:
lanky mk wrote:

Mark

hi Buddy

try A&Mcustomgunsmiths Adi made one for me,out of delrin i think? a few years back. google is your friend

regards

Davy Thomas

I've tried A&M and got told no, tried Sandwell who used to do them and got told no (they no longer do them)

Still trying to get one from America.

Mark