S200 fill valve T fitting

no avatar
JCM

S200 fill valve T fitting

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:47 pm

I'm new to AA. In the last month I have acquired a S200 and a S400. Fantastic after all the Crossmans I've had. Problem just came up today. I tried to refill the S200 and had a major air leak. When it was used yesterday I had no problem. As I see it when last used I thought the fill valve was loose and gave it a good tightening. When I tried to fill it today it leaks. Upon exam it appears that when I thought the valve was loose it was not and I tightened the "T" fitting so as to not line up with the out put hole and the intake hole. I need to twist the "T" fitting but the whole air tube turns as I try to loosen the T. I hope I'm describing this correctly. On the S400 the T is perpendicular To the fill holes. As it is now on the S 200 the fill hole and intake hole and T align causing the air leak. If I twist the T to offset the slot the output hole and intake holes don't line up causing the leak. How do I move the T? Can I remove the whole air chamber while it is still charged?
Sorry my first post is so long. Thanks for your help.
Judd

Blackbaronfish

Re: S200 fill valve T fitting

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:54 am

When the new style filler came out it never had a t bar at all. The t was added later. In light of this you could saw it off and file flat. When filling you will need to hold on to it untill it starts filling. Once it starts to fill the pressure will hold it on 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
carnivore

Re: S200 fill valve T fitting

Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:41 pm

JCM wrote:I'm new to AA. In the last month I have acquired a S200 and a S400. Fantastic after all the Crossmans I've had. Problem just came up today. I tried to refill the S200 and had a major air leak. When it was used yesterday I had no problem. As I see it when last used I thought the fill valve was loose and gave it a good tightening. When I tried to fill it today it leaks. Upon exam it appears that when I thought the valve was loose it was not and I tightened the "T" fitting so as to not line up with the out put hole and the intake hole. I need to twist the "T" fitting but the whole air tube turns as I try to loosen the T. I hope I'm describing this correctly. On the S400 the T is perpendicular To the fill holes. As it is now on the S 200 the fill hole and intake hole and T align causing the air leak. If I twist the T to offset the slot the output hole and intake holes don't line up causing the leak. How do I move the T? Can I remove the whole air chamber while it is still charged?
Sorry my first post is so long. Thanks for your help.
Judd

S200 is a cracking little rifle and the S400 even better, so good choice!
Yes, Judd, you can remove the air tube without losing the air charge. Find a drill bit to fit the hole in the breech end and, using the shank end of the bit, give it a tweak anti-clockwise to loosen it (do the reverse when refitting to snug it up).
The air cylinder charging coupler doesn't need to line up in any way with the air intake hole, just lock it under the t-bar and fill. Same for both rifles. Keep the o-rings lubed with silicone grease and they will last for years.
Just a point: the S200 is best filled only to about 180bar. If you fill over that you will, in all probability, lose power until the pressure drops a bit and that wastes shots and air. If you don't already have the 10-shot conversion (and want to hunt) it is a great investment and a doddle to fit.
I hope that this helps. For any further help search for items posted by Raj, the guru of the S200 and a top bloke!