S510 Breech Block Mystery.

no avatar
Zimbo

S510 Breech Block Mystery.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:25 am

Greetings all, I have had my 510 .177 for about two years and have never been happy with the accuracy, I sort of lived with it after trying every make and weight of .177 pellets, barrel cleaning etc etc. I bought a new magazine as now and then a pellet was getting jammed in the loading port and I could see very slight lead build up around the breech o ring, this made no difference at all.
I then noticed that the pellet probe was not entering the breech centrally if that makes sense at all. On stripping down the side lever I found what was a .22 bush installed... I purchased this gun new by the way. Ordered and fitted the .177 bush plus a new probe and guess what it's even worse :cry: now it doesn't even enter the breech port, how can this be?
The .22 bush obviously allowed the probe more movement hence working to some extent.
Anyone have an idea on getting the probe to centralise?

no avatar
ditchdangler

Re: S510 Breech Block Mystery.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:35 am

Get it back to Airarms, they have a good service record and will get it sorted for you, you should have done this earlier as you have a great gun and normally very accurate.

no avatar
Zimbo

Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:29 pm

You are right, I live in Oz which is a problem. Will phone the supplier in the morning and let them know and if they can't assist I will give AirArms a call.
Haven't heard much about after sales service here in Oz at all for AirArms.

no avatar
jamieinmd

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:15 pm

Zimbo, can you give us an update ? I am considering an S510 so your experience is interesting to me.

Jamie

no avatar
Zimbo

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:50 am

Yes, got hold off AirArms, they mentioned that it was possibly the indexing post for the magazine :? The chap on the phone wasn't to concerned that my .177 had a .22 pellet probe bush even after I mentioned that the correct part was now causing the action to bind up in the breech block. I'm not sure how difficult it is to make a new bush with a slightly offset hole. I sort of need it to be about 1mm down.
I seem to recall reading a post on the old forum about shimming the S410 bolt action...