sparker

Re: Scopes

Sat May 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Falcon Menace 10x42.......lovely ;)

Raj

Sun May 31, 2015 7:31 am

raygun wrote:Some funny idea's about HFT scopes :lol:
Max Objective 40mm (better if it's less)
Max mag 10 (very, very few use more)
PA down to 20yds is O.K. (probably set higher than that)
However your scope is set when you start, that's where it stays.
ATB
Ray.

A Hawke Sidewinder TAC 30 in 10 x 42mm Obj. comes very close to that Ray ..... and at an affordable price. :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Dan

Sun May 31, 2015 9:14 am

I'd like to have a look through some top end scopes to see the difference ,I've only ever looked through Hawke,mtc ,and a bsa :cry: . I was thinking about selling the Mamba to fund a new more expensive scope but I always think better the devil you know.
Air Arms s200 MK2 HUMA Regulated, MTC MAMBA

no avatar
kevingambrell

Sun May 31, 2015 10:17 am

Dan
The Sightron scopes are well worth the money and a mile ahgead of the MTC's. I have two MTC viper 4-16's a Weaver T36 and a Sightron and if I had the inclination I would sell both MTC's to buy another Sightron. The general fit and feel of the Sightron is a long way ahead of the Vipers and the optical clarity leaves the lower end scopes standing.
Most of what I do is bench rest at 25m 50m and I also bugger about shooting at 100 plus yards, The X ring on the targets I use at 25 and 50 is 70 thou of an inch across. Using the MTC's at full power the X ring is mostly lost behind the reticule. Winding the Sightron up to 35 to 40 power I can put the cross hair in the middle of the X ring. That all said and done it dont meen I can hit the bugger!
Optical clarity on both the Weaver and the Sightron is far better than the MTC's. Edge to edge clarity on the Weaver is basicaly perfect all the way as is the Sightron, where the Sightron pips them all is sharpness of image. My better half described it as going from reading a book with out glasses and then putting the galsses on.

Dan

Sun May 31, 2015 3:47 pm

I think I might take the plunge and get something a bit more expensive , like a falcon or sightron ,vortex. Secondhand of course :)
Air Arms s200 MK2 HUMA Regulated, MTC MAMBA

no avatar
onedrifter

Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:32 pm

recently bought a falcon menace 5.5x25-50 ffp, it is proving to be a great scope. don't shoot comps any more, I now shoot at Iden ferns in East Sussex which is an hft club, but I shoot ft. style(sitting) with this scope its great to be able to change magnification and not lose the zero. I have used it hft style and it stays clear. I use it on 12x with parallax set at 28 yds. sorry so much text, just trying to help