Scopes

Mcdemon

Re: Scopes

Thu May 28, 2015 9:04 pm

I have a a couple of vortex scopes for HFT.

One is a 2-7x35 diamondback that I have reparralexed myself.
The other a diamondback hp 2-8x35 which has side parralex down to 20yds.
Both bdc rets and think you will struggle to better the glass without spending silly money.
I used my connect the other week for the first time in a long time and it was like looking through a jam jar bottom after the quality vortex glass.

Mark

no avatar
air gun

Thu May 28, 2015 9:26 pm

zippy wrote:
air gun wrote:I got a Hawke Sidewinder 30 8-32x56 about 2 months ago. I have to be honest I don't like it. my other gun has a bushnell elite 6500 2.5-16x50. and it just blows the hawke out the water. I know it costs more. but the difernce is much bigger than the price gap imo.

I know mate, I have looked through some nice expensive glass. The Hawke is better than some though, most cheap scopes get white out at the range, and milky at higher mags. We all would love to fit a nice Schmidt & Bender However, Many of us have many air rifles and they all need scopes.....££££

im the same mate. I cant afford to just go out and buy a top class scope. but ive been saving for over a year for a new gun ( FTP900 ) and I think I will just save for another few months and get a nice scope. I think I will push the boat out and go for the sightron SVSS 10-50x60 MH
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
zippy

Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Mcdemon wrote:I have a a couple of vortex scopes for HFT.

One is a 2-7x35 diamondback that I have reparralexed myself.
The other a diamondback hp 2-8x35 which has side parralex down to 20yds.
Both bdc rets and think you will struggle to better the glass without spending silly money.
I used my connect the other week for the first time in a long time and it was like looking through a jam jar bottom after the quality vortex glass.

Mark

I have been looking at Vortex scopes, I may own the latter in my aforementioned post. I like the reticle's and with having FFP with decent Glass and nice features. they have a lot to offer.
Air Arms tx200hc, mtc taipan, 4-16X50
Air Arms tx200hc, falcon menace, 4-14x44 FFP
Air Arms Pro-sport, mtc mamber
Air Arms TDR, falcon menace 10x44
HW 100t falcon menace 4-14X44 FFP
HW 100t richer optics
HW 97KT
HW 45 Geordie custom grips
Alecto

no avatar
woogie

Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 am

I was able to find a falcon t50 scope from a company that Used it as a demo, behind glass for show. The scope is great, not the highest glass but for the price it is very good. Click are very positive, and always return to the same spot. Have been clicking from 10 yards to 55 yards, with a 25 yard zero. Something like 88 clicks from my zero for my 50 yard mark. Would I like a Schmidt and bender scope...you bet! Can I afford those scopes...nope, not even close.

no avatar
air gun

Fri May 29, 2015 1:17 am

the top scopes from the USA are using glass from japan. sightron. nightforce. US optics. leupold. bushnell. they are very good glass. some better than others but all are good. also some of the scopes have better build. and better features. the best glass comes from the europen scopes. S&B. Swarovski. Zeiss. Hensoldt . IOR. they are the top scopes with the best glass. and the top features. i was looking for the cross over. the sightron has better glass than the nightforce and leupold. better tracking. better warrenty. the glass is a bit better on the scopes from Europe.but the sightron matches them for features. and like for like is about half the price. I put a lot of time into looking at the best scope for the best price. and time and time again people all over the net are saying look at the sightron. im not telling anyone what scope is best ( I would have a Schmidt and Bender PMII 5-25x56 if I could have any :mrgreen: ) but the Schmidt and Bender PMII 5-25x56 is a £2800 scope. the sightron that pushed it all the way is a SVSS 10-50X60 and costs £1300. http://www.mysticprecision.com/wp/2700/ ... -tactical/
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

raygun

Fri May 29, 2015 7:24 am

Some funny idea's about HFT scopes :lol:

Max Objective 40mm (better if it's less)
Max mag 10 (very, very few use more)
PA down to 20yds is O.K. (probably set higher than that)

However your scope is set when you start, that's where it stays.

ATB
Ray.

roadrunner

Fri May 29, 2015 10:29 am

Ive got a hawke 3-9x40 mil dot non AO scope i bought for £40 new,ive refocussed the obejective lense to airgun ranges and fitted an accucover to eliminate parralax error,its a lovely clear scope that doesnt need a shade and has survived a spel on the prosport with no loss of zero, it focusses down to 10 yards at 3 mag and losses focus at about 80 yards on 9x, its really unfussy and simple to use with a clear picture if the right mag is selected,yes it does mean i need three lots of range cards for each mag settings but its accurate and fuss free,ive shot 1" spinners at 75 yards with the prosport and shot this 50 yard group with it on my 400,at my level of accuracy i dont need anything more
Attachments
Photo rsz 400 @ 50 yrds.jpg
Photo rsz 400 @ 50 yrds.jpg (77.07 KiB) Viewed 4274 times

Mcdemon

Fri May 29, 2015 11:18 am

raygun wrote:Some funny idea's about HFT scopes :lol:

Max Objective 40mm (better if it's less)
Max mag 10 (very, very few use more)
PA down to 20yds is O.K. (probably set higher than that)

However your scope is set when you start, that's where it stays.

ATB
Ray.

Agreed

What he said!

custard1

Fri May 29, 2015 7:19 pm

I use a falcon menace 4-14x44 ffp
Air Arms TX200 HC-falcon menace 4-14x44 ffp

no avatar
glw

Fri May 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Weaver Kaspa 3-12x44 tbx ret, side focus. works a treat at 25yd zero,
paras down very well on 10 mag and even better when re paralaxed on 11 mag.
first line down from crosshair is 3/4 mildot drops on 40yds........... ;) ;)

Optics are brilliant BTW.