S200 filling sorted but now .....

no avatar
swaps

S200 filling sorted but now .....

Thu May 28, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi all,
I have now managed to fill my S200. It would not fill as I did not have the bolt held open. Once I did that it fill not problem. I had no idea you had to do that. anyway now the new problem. My air bottle has the T fitting and there is a little air escaping from between the brass and the stainless T fitting. There is a flat almost nut looking part just below the T of the filler. Can you put a spanner on this and tighten ?

Does anyone know of the cheapest supplier of a new air bottle ? I would like to continue to use the bottle I have if possible but think a spare is needed if just for the ease of shooting and not carrying a dive bottle.

Thanks Alan

no avatar
swaps

Re: S200 filling sorted but now .....

Thu May 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Just found a video on youtube. it is just a case of tightening the T bar back down. Seems like its a common problem coming loose on there ones.

Thanks Alan

raygun

Thu May 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi Alan,
It will not do any harm if you try and tighten the fitting, but do it gently.

Do you mean a spare cylinder for the rifle ?

If so you should be able to get "bgaltd" (Julian) to sort you out. The only drawback to swapping cylinders is that the firing valve is in the cylinder and you might get a small variance in power between the different cylinders. It won't be much though.

ATB
Ray.

no avatar
swaps

Thu May 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Thanks Ray,
yes it is a spare cylinder I want. just been offered a use one for £50 which does not sound a bad deal.

Thanks Alan