HFT Kit Check #1 - TX200

Re: HFT Kit Check #1 - TX200

Postby FPoole » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:26 am

Blackbaronfish wrote:I would even allow range finders 8-)

BBF

Are you turning into an American? :lol: Our hunter class guys are always crying about the fact they can't use the high mag scopes. They pitched such a hissy that they have been allowed 16x instead of the old 12x max. I guess range finders would be okay as hunters do use them. Our hunter class already has the right to sit on a bucket and use crossed sticks or a bipod as long as it's not fixed to the gun. I gave up trying to figure it all out and I just shoot WFTF style. You should check out the Field Target forum on the American Airguns sight. The arguments are monumental with a big emphasis on mental.
FPoole

Postby Blackbaronfish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:12 am

I just want it so that it boils down to the shooter Being on target every time. If I’m hunting I will use whatever I can to bag the numbers. I’m not coming home empty handed just because I wouldn’t keep my foot on a post for instance.
Reading the wind and rangefinding is bad enough :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended every annual meet since we started
Blackbaronfish
Super Admin

Postby TenMetrePeter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:30 am

Every branch of the sport has its tough side. This week our range's central heating was just a tad too warm!

They do have some funny rules in the US like in sporter/4H classes you cant even upgrade the iron sights which in the case of the Air Arms chinese offerings must be frustrating.
S400 MPR Precision 10m.
Green Belt in Ludo
My Youtube
TenMetrePeter

Postby FPoole » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:48 am

I just saw a post on the Green Forum, I mentioned above, and it was a friend of mine saying that he couldn't tell any difference with the new 16x. 2 matches and they already are complaining. They won't stop until they get unlimited scope mag. He's a bench rest shooter as well, so I guess I'll tell him to just bring a portable bench to my place the next time we shoot.
FPoole

Postby Blackbaronfish » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:24 am

They could at the least let them pick their own score :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended every annual meet since we started
Blackbaronfish
Super Admin

Postby Archer50 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:40 am

cooper_dan wrote:The plan for my blog next year includes doing 'kit checks' at HFT events to show beginners what variety of guns are used. I will hopefully cover everything from budget springers to full on target specials.

Part 1 was a bit of a test, and I did it on my TX200 which is my main HFT gun, link below!

http://theairgunblog.co.uk/hft-kit-check-1/

Thanks for that - a really interesting blog. I'll definitely come back to it.

Alan
Archer50

Previous

Return to General airgun chat