S510 extra fax ultimate sportster opinion

no avatar
garybab

S510 extra fax ultimate sportster opinion

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:30 pm

got a new ultimate sportster s510 xtra fac in 0.25 cl. a week ago. it seems pretty accurate or at least as accurate as my 2013 s510 xtra fac in the same caliber. the stock, and factory silencer was the main reason I bought the rifle. I notice the stock is pretty but it is a much heavier rifle. I will see how that effects my use in the field. I do not like the safety i would much rather something along the lines of my benjamin marauder. I like the ability to adjust the stock to my needs, but when I removed the spacer between the stock and but pad, I noticed a gross mismatch of the stock to but pad. unacceptable. I will have to buy a new but pad and match it to the rifle, since Air Arms can't seem to fit a but pad to a rifle. that is disapointing. I am also disapointed that they have not done anything about the cheesy magazine arrangement, first the indexing arrangement is weak and prone to problems if you clean the weapon, and it has no provision to stop the shooter from loading an empty chamber, and firing without a pellet once you have fired 10 rounds.
I think I would have been better off getting a regular s510extra fac with a silencer and drop the fancy stock because the wood on my old rifle was beautiful. this looks like some kind of party going on under my barrel. all i need to do is dye my hair green and buy some pink tennis shoes and I will be good to go.