s410 regulator

no avatar
oedbachgen

s410 regulator

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 pm

I'f I was to get a regulator fitted to my s410, :?: who's the best one to do it, the nearest to me in South Wales, and what price am I looking at.

Dave

no avatar
Brooksy

Re: s410 regulator

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:43 pm

I bought an Altaros reg for £62.00 after the Euro exchange rate worked in my favour and it works well, 11.6 ft/lb average from 190 bar down to 100 bar with about 1/2 ft/lb variance. Some say they aren't good enough but I mostly use mine for rabbits so I'm not bothered about getting HFT type consistency. Robert Lane and Huma make proper good regs for AA, but they need more skill to fit. I have no idea which way you may go or who is local to you, but for simplicity if you can work an Allen key and a screwdriver, go Altaros and fit it yourself, the video is on his website.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
oedbachgen

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Brooksy wrote:I bought an Altaros reg for £62.00 after the Euro exchange rate worked in my favour and it works well, 11.6 ft/lb average from 190 bar down to 100 bar with about 1/2 ft/lb variance. Some say they aren't good enough but I mostly use mine for rabbits so I'm not bothered about getting HFT type consistency. Robert Lane and Huma make proper good regs for AA, but they need more skill to fit. I have no idea which way you may go or who is local to you, but for simplicity if you can work an Allen key and a screwdriver, go Altaros and fit it yourself, the video is on his website.

I need it fitted for comp shooting to try and improve my shooting :D , not your big ones comps, just you local club ones, will have a look into the Altaro.

All the best.
Dave

no avatar
32:1

Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:47 am

Ive tried two regs so far and im no rifle tuner, infact Id never taken a rifle apart before !

First I opted for a Lane reg in my s400, think it was around £80. The squeaky bum bit was drilling the vent hole in air cylinder, but TBH its straight forward and if you follow the instructions (which are excellent) its fairly easy. Next I bought the alatros for my s410, very simple fit indeed.

Result is the Lane reg is head and shoulders better, for me anyway. I have spent hours on both trying to tweak and improve them, the Lane reg delivers more shots per fill and excellent consistancy, the Alatros as yet cant match it or IMO better a stock setup if you know your sweet spot.

Best FPS 10 shot average Ive been able to get from the Alatros is 7, the Lane is an amazing 1, worst readings are Alatros 23 and Lane 2.75

As I say Im no tuner and I might be missing something with this Alatros, but for the extra £25 Id get the Lane

Chris.....
If it aint broke, fix it till it is

no avatar
oedbachgen

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:42 pm

32:1 wrote:Ive tried two regs so far and im no rifle tuner, infact Id never taken a rifle apart before !

First I opted for a Lane reg in my s400, think it was around £80. The squeaky bum bit was drilling the vent hole in air cylinder, but TBH its straight forward and if you follow the instructions (which are excellent) its fairly easy. Next I bought the alatros for my s410, very simple fit indeed.

Result is the Lane reg is head and shoulders better, for me anyway. I have spent hours on both trying to tweak and improve them, the Lane reg delivers more shots per fill and excellent consistancy, the Alatros as yet cant match it or IMO better a stock setup if you know your sweet spot.

Best FPS 10 shot average Ive been able to get from the Alatros is 7, the Lane is an amazing 1, worst readings are Alatros 23 and Lane 2.75

As I say Im no tuner and I might be missing something with this Alatros, but for the extra £25 Id get the Lane

Chris.....

Hi Chris

Thank you for the information, I've only had it the 1st of last month and its the 1st PCP I've had, so if I did have a reg fitted it would have to be done by a RFD and get a warranty with it, I could never do it my self.

Dave