First Rabbit

no avatar
vasbyt

First Rabbit

Fri May 15, 2015 9:46 pm

For the first time in many years I have started hunting, only really interested in rabbits as they are causing problems in our paddock, and possibly on some friends land as they have rabbit issues as well.
So one x "new" 2nd hand TX200 purchased (£225, Walnut Stock) zeroed at the range (I'm a member of a rifle club) and two nights ago a bunny presented itself at around 30 yards from the house, TX200 loaded, standing shot using the wall as a side support and dead bunny with a clean head shot. it's now in the deep freeze and I'm sure the dogs will enjoy their bunny dinner soon

Raj

Re: First Rabbit

Sat May 16, 2015 10:14 am

Dogs ??? :) :shock: :shock:
We had friends over last night. The main course was deboned and cubed rabbit (shot on Thursday) and lamb ragout ... slow cooked with tomatoes. 3 colour peppers, butter and herbs from the garden. They said they would have paid £45 for the meal in a restaurant. The Tattinger, candle light, Illy coffee from the mocha machine and the crostata made with garden raspberry and rhubarb served with silky double cream and home made damson liqueur also helped make it special.
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Sat May 16, 2015 10:35 am

Its good to see your using the rabbits up rather than ditching them. Raj has a point though...they can be cooked for a lovely meal 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
vasbyt

Sat May 16, 2015 2:23 pm

No problem cooking the rabbits :-) just my good lady is a vegetarian (she has no problem with me shooting and has raised livestock to slaughter when she farmed) and teenager is fussy about food.However I will use rabbit when we have friends around who are not bothered by hunted meat, think I may go down to the beach (just over a mile away) when I get a chance, catch some fish (wishful thinking) and do a surf and turf themed meal

Geordie

Sat May 16, 2015 6:15 pm

Well done on your first bunny :) 8-)
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
VEG

Sat May 16, 2015 6:22 pm

well done you. I shot my first one a few days ago, hit it with a spot on head shot, it did a summersault and ran off. I could not find it either.

no avatar
GrandadG

Sat May 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Raj wrote:Dogs ??? :) :shock: :shock:
We had friends over last night. The main course was deboned and cubed rabbit (shot on Thursday) and lamb ragout ... slow cooked with tomatoes. 3 colour peppers, butter and herbs from the garden. They said they would have paid £45 for the meal in a restaurant. The Tattinger, candle light, Illy coffee from the mocha machine and the crostata made with garden raspberry and rhubarb served with silky double cream and home made damson liqueur also helped make it special.

I'm dribbling like one of "Pavlov's" dogs, reading this Raj. :oops:
Is there a waiting list that i can join for dinner at yours, (August 1st or 2nd would be ideal) :mrgreen:
HW100T .177
AA Prosport .177
AA S200 .177 Huma Reg

Blackbaronfish

Sat May 16, 2015 7:15 pm

Im sure Raj will send you the wine list

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat May 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Blackbaronfish wrote:Im sure Raj will send you the wine list

BBF

if he hasn't licked the print off it :lol:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Sat May 16, 2015 10:18 pm

GrandadG wrote:Is there a waiting list that i can join for dinner at yours, (August 1st or 2nd would be ideal) :mrgreen:

I usually bring something along to the Meet like a rabbit curry etc ... Last year, Geetha & I fried up rabbit and onion bajis in the camp kitchen at Rivington and served it sizzling straight from the frying pan on to plates to be eaten with our very own tomato and chillies chutney :)
There she is with our Steve Cartledge 8-)

“It's the Indian, not the arrow"