Grandpa Steve

Geordie

Grandpa Steve

Fri May 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Me and Steve headed up to one of our farm shoots at noon today. Corvids were on the menu as there is a fair head of them in the wood behind the cattle farm.

Steves youngest girl went into labour as we were en-route to the gig :o After a brief phone call we pressed on up the A1 to our shoot which is around an hour down the road.

We had a brief scout around the barns and I whacked a young crow who looked like he'd had enough of his flying lessons. With no more candidates we decided to take to the wood! I entered from the East and Steve to the West.
After a half hour my phone went with Steve on the end telling me he had already whacked around a dozen of the black heathens! :o

After what seemed a pure mission clambering through the undergrowth I reached Steve. He was nearly on twenty birds by then and the floor of the wood looked like a corvid graveyard! :lol:

I whacked a few, Steve whacked even more with his new Air Ranger. This is where things went wrong for me over the next half hour. Im Diabetic and I had stupidly forgot to take any lucozade or means of getting carbs into my system, so on came a bloody hypo! Steve had headed back from my position and out of site :? I decided to head for the car where my bag was with my Lucozade. Stumbling through the wood resulted in me falling but I held my HW100 aloft in my left hand where it remained safe.

I got to Steves position and he took my gun and shooting sticks and followed me to the car where I sorted my self out. I was rock bottom but a glug of Luczade and some bickies put me right.
I stayed put while Steve went to collect the Owl and our others bits n pieces.He was gone a good half hour as he couldnt resist the opportunity to shoot the fledgling birds that are plaguing the owners life.

His daughter gave birth to a healthy baby boy at 6lb 130z, and his tally for the day was around fifty birds :shock: :shock: :shock: I couldnt get back around to the wood for a piccy due to my legs refusing to play!

I'll get a pic of the "Graveyard" next time were up there.

What a day for Grampa Steve eh? First grand bairn and fifty corvid fatalities. What a day! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Re: Grandpa Steve

Fri May 15, 2015 9:50 pm

Sounds like a proper eventful day for you mate but a proppa result for you buddy. Send my congratulations to Grampa Steve.

Geordie

Fri May 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Will do paul, cheers
AA s410K .177

Raj

Fri May 15, 2015 10:06 pm

That warmed me up. that did ... our Geordie !! :)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Fri May 15, 2015 10:50 pm

You was lucky it turned out ok...nice tally 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sat May 16, 2015 1:55 pm

couple of points Geordie

don't forget your Lucozade again you div :roll:

good shooting on the black devil`s

and from one new grandpa too another.. send steve and family my best wishes
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Geordie

Sat May 16, 2015 6:17 pm

I'll pass on your good wishes chaps, and I wont be forgetting my Lucozade in future. :oops: :oops: :oops: :twisted:
AA s410K .177