How about this weekend?

Timmytree

How about this weekend?

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:16 pm

It's warming up, might get some sunshine and the wind isn't too bad. I might get out!

no avatar
peters410

Re: How about this weekend?

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:52 pm

What are you thinking of hunting? Seen a few rabbits about when I walk the dog and I'm thinking about the squirrels in a local wood where I deer stalk over. I don't shoot does in March though it is legal to, I've got my doe cull quote anyway so March is an opportunity to catch up with a few squirrels before the roebuck season opens on April 1st.

no avatar
Outandabout

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Its looking good - weather wise around here for this wekend so might try a couple of hours myself.
When i was walking around last weekend i saw a litter of rabbit kits out on the grass bank in 1 of the fields where i shoot.
I usually leave the rabbits alone when kits are about but have been asked to thin out as many as i can so HERES HOPING.
Kevin

Raj

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 pm

I will be out for the 1st time this year 8-)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
granville

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:47 pm

get out there its ok outdoors :D 8-)

roadrunner

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:30 pm

Iam out every weekend, take my daughter to the farm to sort the horse and ride so i wander down the field for a shoot, there is some nice days in winter but my hands are usually frozen by hometime

mikeygasbag

Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Since Busters' accident, I have only taken my HFT500 and Ultimate Sporter out once each. So that's almost 2 months where I have had only 30 minutes hunting, and a couple of hours up at Fort Airgun Club shooting HFT. Bearing in mind I took a self imposed break from HFT last year, when I started to take the sport and myself too seriously, it will be like starting all over again.

I am hoping that Buster and I will get the chance for a wander around one of my golf course permissions before Sunday. I am also planning on going up to the club on Sunday to re-acquaint myself with rangefinding, wind guestimation and shooting from peculiar positions.

On the first day of Busters' accident, I said that I would devote my entire waking hours to getting him fit and well again. I have regulated his exercise, gradually increasing his walks in line with his improvement. This afternoon, we went up to Old Oswestry Racecourse, and walked both top and bottom sections, probably his longest walk in 2 months. He has come home, wolfed his dinner down, and showing no signs of stiffness or pain at the moment. Tomorrow morning will be a better judge of how well he actually is.

I'm chomping at the bit to get back to shooting my beloved Air Arms beauties again.

Mike.
Founder member ~ Fort Airgun Club

Air Arms HFT500 .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD
Air Arms Ultimate Sporter .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD

Timmytree

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm so glad he's doing well, that dog is a bit a star on here!
All I'm planning is to tackle 2 crows that have built a nest within range of a useful hedge and ditch. Might be settle in while it's dark and get a shot or maybe 2 at first light.

no avatar
peters410

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:15 pm

That sounds like a good plan Timmytree, I hope you get the two old devils.

Timmytree

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:21 pm

peters410 wrote:That sounds like a good plan Timmytree, I hope you get the two old devils.

They are crafty beggars, I drove the car down there in the week, they stayed put until I opened the sunroof and poked the S200 out, then vanished instantly!
I actually admire them (and magpies) for their intelligence and resourcefulness.