Rabbits Rabbits

no avatar
BunnyBasher

Rabbits Rabbits

Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:47 pm

So managed to get out again last night with my trusty s410. So packed up the car and headed towards one of my favourite permissions. Got there set the wildhunter 800 on top of my platinum nighteater, filled two mags with airarms field and away to go. It wasn't long before I got my first shot off. I have to admit it was a clean miss and the pellet sailed over the top of his head, I thought ohhhh it's going to be one of those nights, but said bunny only moved about a foot and stood still for me to get the 2nd shot off. ( what did we used to do before the old multishot scenario?) Let's just say bunny number one went down with no fuss with the second shot. After a little more walking I came across bunny number two, who thought he was safe sitting just the other side of a fence. He must have been around 40 meters away and I could only see his head. I set the appropriate mildot on his head and bunny number two in the bag. I carried on to the next field where there were two rabbits sitting bang in the middle. They were way to far out for a shot so I kept the lamp trained on them and stalked in. Once within distance I set myself on the ground adjusted my bipod and waited for one of them to present me with a shot. After a few minutes the closest rabbit sat up on it's back legs and a squeeze of the trigger saw it hit the ground, I was almost sure the second would run for cover but it only went a couple of feet before stopping. It should have carried on running cos now he had the crosshairs lined up on it's head and bunny number 4 was soon to join his friends in the bag. Very successful nightImage
And because we don't like wasteImage

Blackbaronfish

Re: Rabbits Rabbits

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:24 pm

Someone's going to get lunch and the farmers going to be well pleased...result. 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
poguemahone

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:46 pm

a decent enough session there mate 8-)

Blackbaronfish

Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:45 pm

You cant beat a rabbit curry. At two of our annual meets Raj dished out his famous cuisine 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Dr B

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:25 pm

spot on! Well done. Nice looking AA as well.. ;)
AA S410 .22, Classic Walnut Thumbhole stock, Hawke 4-12 x 50 Panorama IR/AO/EV
AA S410 .22 Carbine (Cloverleaf Tuned) Walnut stock, Hawke Airmax 30, 4-16 x 50mm IR
AA TX200Hc .22, Walnut stock, Simmons 3-9 x 50mm.

no avatar
granville

Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:41 pm

nice shooting .