Another couple for the pot.

no avatar
BunnyBasher

Another couple for the pot.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:39 pm

So I have been quiet lucky lately, and I have been able to get out and about with the s410 quiet a bit. So got my gear together (predator wildhunter lamp and my night vision add on) put it in my rucksack loaded the car up and away to go. Drove to my permission grabbed rucksack and rifle and started my walk to the furthest part of it. It was still fairly light but not light enough to see in great detail so I hadn't mounted the nv unit or the gun lamp and thought I would so this at my destination. I had to walk past a number of fields to get to my particular spot and thought I'm to open there won't be much chance of anything in there, but curiosity got the better of me and I had a quick scan with my fenix ld22. To my surprise there were three sets of eyes shining back at me from around 25 meters away. I tried to pick them out with my scope but it was to dark to see them against the dark back drop. I then rushed to mount my predator lamp to the gun in hope I would get a second chance. They had all fled except for one that thought the tree behind him was enough cover. So I settled the crosshairs calmed my breathing and squeezed of the airarms field sending it straight to its mark.
Bunny number one in the bag.
I gutted him there and then using the push gut technique put him in the bag and carried on with my walk resumed.
When I finally got to my destination I decided to set up the nv as the rabbits here are a little shy to the lamp, so got myself tucked away in my usual spot and started to scan the field with my nv and t38 combo. There was a lot of rabbit activity and I was deciding which to pick off first when all of a sudden they were making a run for cover. A quick scan around revealed a Charlie trying his luck at some dinner. Seeing he had scared off my dinner I made myself known to him and off he went. Not wanting to wait round I decided to head back and try my luck in some of the other fields. Back on went the predator and off I went scanning the various fields along the way. I had just given up hope of bagging any more when I spotted a couple sitting on top of a mound in the last field before I got back to the car. I took aim estimated them to be around 40 meters away and with a bit of hold over, rabbit number two did a very impressive back flip which sent his mate hurtling into the nearby ferns.Image
Rabbit number two was gutted in the same way there and then before I headed home to skin them both ready for the pot.
So all in all not a bad evening.

no avatar
granville

Re: Another couple for the pot.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:08 pm

great read,and smoe thing for the pot well done.
i went on squirrel hunt today not a one any where .

no avatar
BunnyBasher

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Yeach have had a few outings like that. Can be frustrating at times. Haven't really had a look at the squirrels for a while. You may have given me an idea there.

no avatar
poguemahone

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:18 pm

good result ;)

no avatar
Mark Williams

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:06 am

Shooting Bunny ;)