First Rats

gdavison

First Rats

Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Been a lurking member since just before the old forum failed. Some folk may remember my intro was to post pics of the very lovely S510 Anniversary which I had just got.

The S510 had been bought as we had rats living under our decking in 2015 however it was all new to me, so practice was needed and we managed that set of lodgers with carefully placed poisoning under the decking, as we have lots of other wildlife visitors living on the edge of 200 acres of Hampshire woodland and farming. This spring we again got rats back again living under the same decking with them rushing our to grab the bird food put out for all the song birds we get daily, even squabbling over the feed with the half dozen pheasants we get (escapees from a local breeding farm). Strangely poison was ignored this time, so all those paper practice targets and those hundreds of Schweppes Tonic Bottle tops (Imagine all those G&T's I HAD to drink just to collect the tops) who had been "victim" to months of practice where now to be joined. Unlike yourselves who possibly have done this for years it was a new thing for me, Wednesday morning resulted in 2 rats in the dustbin and followed by a very nervous one on Thursday morning. This morning the song birds and pheasants had a quite breakfast without having to dodge rats.

Thanks to all the info picked up from you all wrt practice practice and yet more practice resulting in 3 very clean kills which all those Schweppes Tonic tops would be proud of

Now looking to get a S510 SL as that Anniversary is just too good looking :)
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT

no avatar
poguemahone

Re: First Rats

Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:31 pm

a good result there mate 8-)
i actually enjoy the challenge of trying to outwit these ''garden'' rats ;) ;)

Blackbaronfish

Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Fantastic news that you nailed them. Air rifles are a tool after all. We look forward to seeing some nice write ups 8-)

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
granville

Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:42 pm

nice shooting .

gdavison

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:45 am

We have one more little devil however this one seems nervous to head to the bird food area .. runs half way over and then shoots back under deck. Do rats know or sense a kill area ? or is this just a young one who nevery discovered the bird food yet ?
AA FTP900, AA HFT500, AA S510, FWB-800FT