Permission desperately wanted

no avatar
nimrod77

Permission desperately wanted

Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:22 pm

I am desperate to find a permission in the west Norfolk area. Anyone have any info? I would appreciate greatly.

bgaltd

Re: Permission desperately wanted

Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:10 pm

nimrod77 wrote:I am desperate to find a permission in the west Norfolk area. Anyone have any info? I would appreciate greatly.

how many places have you tried . permissions don't just drop in your lap , you need to put in the leg work , knock doors and offer something in return .

no avatar
nimrod77

Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Have tried more than I care to count. The something in return, what would you suggest. Any advice will be appreciated.

Blackbaronfish

Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:31 pm

nimrod77 wrote:Have tried more than I care to count. The something in return, what would you suggest. Any advice will be appreciated.

You could keep an eye out for damaged fences and gates and offer to repair them. Feed animals, beat days etc the list goes on.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
Brooksy

Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Have you got shooting insurance? Do you speak 'farmer speak'? How do you dress when you go? In all, you dress in clean jeans and a pullover, no Rambo gear or sharp suit, take your insurance with you and then ask them if they have pest problems. Hold out your hand and introduce yourself by name. If they look sceptical engage them in small talk regarding their machinery and animals. Look for places with horses first, they hate rabbit holes, it's better you shoot rabbits than they shoot a horse.

Look confident and like you know your stuff, a beaten dog gets kicked. Do not eye up their daughter, but also, don't claim to be gay.

Meet them as you would like to be met.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Brooksy wrote:Have you got shooting insurance? Do you speak 'farmer speak'? How do you dress when you go? In all, you dress in clean jeans and a pullover, no Rambo gear or sharp suit, take your insurance with you and then ask them if they have pest problems. Hold out your hand and introduce yourself by name. If they look sceptical engage them in small talk regarding their machinery and animals. Look for places with horses first, they hate rabbit holes, it's better you shoot rabbits than they shoot a horse.

Look confident and like you know your stuff, a beaten dog gets kicked. Do not eye up their daughter, but also, don't claim to be gay.

Meet them as you would like to be met.

Sound advice above :D
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

Raj

Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:03 pm

Brooksy wrote: .... don't claim to be gay.

Hmmmm ... not so sure. You never know. You might pick up a lot more than a permission ;)
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

no avatar
Brooksy

Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:05 am

Raj wrote:
Brooksy wrote: .... don't claim to be gay.

Hmmmm ... not so sure. You never know. You might pick up a lot more than a permission ;)

Oh yes Raj, I forgot, it could be a sausage farm !!!
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second one mouse that gets the cheese.

Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20, Light Stream 4.5X14X44 FFP.
AA S410 TDR .177, Yukon Photon XT with 135 mm lens conversion.

no avatar
nimrod77

Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Thanks Gents, some great tips. Now going out to look for horses in fields with broken gates and damaged fences with an owner with a fit daughter or effeminate son. I am that desperate I am willing to swing both ways!

no avatar
granville

Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:51 pm

careful what you wise for on this site .