New Lamp

no avatar
Pat g

New Lamp

Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Been after a really good scope mounted lamp for some time now to use on all my rifles from sub 12 air all the way through to my 243. A tall order by any standards!! I have a Cluson Clublite that we use from the vehicle but i wanted something more compact and manageable when solo and on foot. Anyway i eventually ordered direct from TAc Light a Night Master NM 800ic. Now heres the thing. This Lamp is capable of throwing an 800 metre beam. Now you would be correct in thinking that something as capable as that would be way way to powerful for air rifle ranges but this new NM800 is equiped with a dimmer control. The smaller Venom strike has a dimmer fitted and in truth if all your'e wanting is a lamp for air rifle and rimfire up to say 100yards then this is fine as i was told by Tac Light, but in my case i also wanted a lamp to go on my C/F for Foxing.
I tried the lamp out briefly last night on a new permission lamping rabbits and i have to say i am nothing but really impressed with this piece of Kit. Yes its expensive at £165 but for what i want its perfect for my needs. Interchangeable LED's are available including White,Green,Yellow and also an IR illuminater. The service and help From Tac Light was first class. Highly recommended.
The NM 800ic comes as a complete shooting kit and included is the battery,charger, high scope mount and 18 month warranty. Also included was a free led keyring torch. An extension tube is an optional extra so that an extra battery can be fitted to extend running time but a single battery gives around 4 hours lamping time which is more than enough.
Only downside to my first trip out last night on this new permission was that the 4 Rabbits i shot all had mixy!!!!! :( The Farmer wants the rabbit numbers drastically reducing on this piece of ground so next time out i'm taking the decision to take as many out as possible with the HMR body shooting if necessary at range. Sad to see them in this state so would rather put an end to any suffering. Good news is that on the other side of the farm the rabbits are fit and healthy. First thing first though and address the ones with mixy :(
ATB,
Pat
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

no avatar
granville

Re: New Lamp

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:52 pm

you sound pleased with the 800 .
i got the venum strike great bit of kit and as oyu say it can be dimmed .
i got the ir of the tac stand at the shooting show to use on my photon ,
rat shooting good as gold .
i use the lamp tonight 3 rabbits with the green lamp same as last week spot on
for me ,the seem to be great kit and as you say good service . :) :D

no avatar
Outandabout

Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:55 pm

Sound like a great bit of kit. Any pics??? For us ludites who dont know what they look like and what weight is it.
Kevin

no avatar
granville

Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:30 pm