Opinions?

Timmytree

Opinions?

Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:33 pm

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ ... -the-crow/

A nice bit of video but spoiled for me by one incident, at 6mins 40secs or thereabouts Andy splits the crop on a bird that is still flapping and kicking. Surely a quick neck twizzle or stretch first would have been in order?

Katzenjammer

Re: Opinions?

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:38 pm

I agree. Blood on hands needed cleaning off as it can remove bluing. Frankly I wouldn't want to share a hide with any of them. Twitchy buggers. I understand the lad is learning and whatever else he knows or excels in (clay pigeons?) already is irrelevant to a degree in the field - an entirely different and potentially more dangerous environment. His coach should have been watching him at all times, I don't believe he was.
ATB
Steve
Member since Autumn 2007

no avatar
Pat g

Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Aye i agree there Tim. The bird should have been dispatched before crop was opened. It looked as though it was more or less on its last legs but not the point.
Its very easy to be distracted when the birds are decoying thick and fast as you are intent with getting on with the job in hand. However when mentoring, especially with a youngster,that is the job in hand and really the shooting goes on the back burner so to speak.
I get asked often to take people pigeon shooting. But as Steve quite rightly says there are only a select few who i would share a hide with. One of my clay shooting buddies has asked me if he can have a days pigeon shooting with Steve and i. I have said yes but only because i trust him and i'm taking him on a partridge day in October and its his first ever game shoot.
The young'un in the video is using a Ceaser Guerini Summit Ascent. I certainly would,nt want any blood on my Ceaser Guerini i can tell you that!!!!!! :shock:
ATB,
Pat
Ceaser Guerini Magnus Sporter 12g
Beretta Urika 2 12g Auto
243 howa 1500, 3-12x50 Zeiss, Wildcat mod
Sako Finfire 22lr
CZ 452 Varmint 17HMR
AA S410 carbine 177
HW 77k SFS stage 2 177

no avatar
granville

Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:15 pm

needed too be sure they are dead , quick twist of the neck would been better .