Shocking hunt!!!!

rogers1

Re: Shocking hunt!!!!

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Good going with the foxes Paul, little ones in particular can be fatally habitual and predictable. It's just as well really, cos when they get older......

On the subject of frights, I was going through woods on one of my eprms, pitch, inky dark night. A roe spiker barked right beside me.

I think a little bit of poo came out...... :-)
AA TX200 MkIII in .177 with a Viper
AA Ultimate Sporter in .177, JSR scope
Weihrauch HW45 in .177, No glass, save my old, weary eyes....

no avatar
Gixxerboy

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:58 pm

Well I've been up to farm again tonight to see if I could get that one that eluded me last week. Went down to the same spot and got set up but this time with the added bonus of my recent purchase, a shooting stick/seat. For the last few times I'd been knelt on the floor behind the wall and since my accident kneeling for any length of time is not good for me as my legs go dead and I struggle to get back upright again. The seat is perfect!!!
Anyway I'd been sat for a good 45 mins+ with the rifle rested on the wall and nothing was happening so I decided to give the squeaker a go. Before I moved I just turned my head to the left to look up the field and there by the wall at the other side of the field was our little friend less than 50 yds away. It had stopped and was looking straight at me so I sat as still as I could. There was no point moving the rifle as it would just run. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds then it set of trotting then broke into a full sprint but heading down the field to where my rifle was aimed. I squeaked best I could with my lips and it just stopped dead and spun round to look at me about 70-80yds away. Got behind the scope and eased the trigger. Nothing. Bloody safety was still on. Flicked it off and squeezed the trigger and smacked it straight in the chest and it dropped instantly.
I sat there waiting for a fair while longer to see if anything else showed and nothing did but after a while I was scanning up and down the field when I turned to the right and saw movement behind me. It was getting dark now but could make out another running up the field behind me. It stopped a couple of times to look at me but when I turned to lift the rifle off the wall by the time I'd turned back I couldn't see it. Had a scan round with the lamp but no joy. So I now know there's more than the 4 I thought there was. Hopefully be up there again tomorrow depending on the weather.
So here's the pic that I remembered to take this time.. ;) ;)

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:12 am

:D bye bye basil :twisted:
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177