First magpie session

roadrunner

First magpie session

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:45 pm

As the rabbits where i shoot have become invisible ive turned my attention to feather, got myself a flocked pie and set it out on a patch of grass thats on a tall hedge row of tree and bush, broke an egg and hid behind a fence,ok not totally camo'd up but never mind set out a target at the same distance 25 yrds, half to one dot of windage as yes it was blowing again and well the decoy worked it brought a bird down for a nosey and boy they were cackling, didnt take the shot as i hadnt checked windage when the bird appeared,still a good introduction to magpie hunting, next i need a camo net to build a hide and try early mournings or after tea,when i packed up a bird tipped up and got the egg, just goes to show i was been watched all the time

Blackbaronfish

Re: First magpie session

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:45 pm

They are very bright and will soon get to know what your up to. When you take your first shot dont miss :mrgreen:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

roadrunner

Re: First magpie session

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:56 am

Well thats another story, checked zero on my prosport in a calm area of the field and it stacks pellets at 25 yards,but the maggies are at the top of the field and holding a mildot of windage is stupid at 25 yards it blows accuracy away