Name change needed??

mikeygasbag

Name change needed??

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:53 am

I used to refer to Buster and myself as the 'A-team', mainly due to the fact that we seem to work so well as a hunting/stalking duo. After an enforced lay off from regular trips out because of Buster's accident, he now seems fit enough to be able to resume his duties. I do think that a name change is in order though, and I'm considering the strongest contender to be the 'BIA-team'. BIA stands for 'Back In Action'.

The action started yesterday morning, and what an incredible 10 minutes it was. We parked the car up by one of my farm permissions. The plan was to walk down to the field where the grass had been cut for silage three days ago. It was collected the day after, so a perfect place to start our stalking from there. A good thick hedgerow would give us ample cover until we reached the 5-bar gate, leading into the field. I spotted a few rabbits at distance to our right, but better still, three rabbits to our left at around 35 yards. I selected the nearest and dropped it with a very clean brain shot. Pulling back the cocking lever on my Air Arms Ultimate Sporter and recycling the mag, I then selected my second target. Strange but true, the second rabbit had actually moved over to where the first one lay, so number two was soon lying alongside. As I cycled the mag again, the third rabbit had moved across to the nearby hedgerow. I knew my aim point and quickly settled it in position. Trigger squeezed and the rabbit crumpled. I found it difficult to believe, within 10 seconds of arriving at the start of our stalk, I had shot three rabbits, all of them the cleanest kills you could wish for.

Buster was sent out to do his bit, and strangely enough, he retrieved the rabbits in reverse order. Maybe that's a sign of being out of action for quite some time. Anyway, I was very pleased to note that there was not a single drop of blood visible on any of the rabbits. Surely a sign of hitting the off switch instantly.

Once I'd popped the rabbits into my game bag, we walked back to the car, popped the game bag into the boot and the rifle back into it's gun bag. In all, less than 10 minutes from locking the car to unlocking it again. Of course, this now meant that I had to take Buster for a walk, which on an exceptionally beautiful morning was an absolute delight. The sun was almost over the horizon, the birds were in full song, we had rabbits in the bag, what more could one ask for.

Mike.
Founder member ~ Fort Airgun Club

Air Arms HFT500 .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD
Air Arms Ultimate Sporter .177, Sightron SIII 10x42 MMD

Blackbaronfish

Re: Name change needed??

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:24 am

Its nice when all goes to plan. Its nice to hear Buster back on his feet and working . Our mascot may turn up for the meet then,which fingers crossed would be fantastic.

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

Geordie

Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:15 pm

Damned fine recollection of the days events.
Sounds like a perfect outing, hard to beat!
AA s410K .177
BSA R10 .177 Super carbine. (Blacky)

Raj

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Let's face it, Mikey .... Where would we be without Buster ??? Eh ... Eh ??

I am sooooooooo looking forward to meeting you ...... but really, I am looking forward to meeting Mr.B even more :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“It's the Indian, not the arrow"

Blackbaronfish

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:47 am

Raj wrote:Let's face it, Mikey .... Where would we be without Buster ??? Eh ... Eh ??

I am sooooooooo looking forward to meeting you ...... but really, I am looking forward to meeting Mr.B even more :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I can only tell them apart when Mikey his hair shaved :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started