best laid plans

no avatar
vasbyt

best laid plans

Fri May 29, 2015 9:56 pm

So after my recent recce on the plot and setting up ambush points a few hours at dusk and nothing - not a rabbit in sight - Best laid plans and all that!!!!

This evening at dusk, I walk through the lounge look out of the one window to admire the sunset over the sea, and there is a rabbit 28 -30 yards away, no where near the ambush point which is the other side of the plot.

I gently open the lounge window, it just sat there nibbling on fresh grass coming through after the ponies had grazed the area down last week.

Into the office TX200 removed from bag, grabbed two pellets off the desk, back into lounge and it's still nibbling away head up.

Careful aim, only one pellet used, nice clean kill, and it's now in the deep freeze, one more and I can make dog food.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Re: best laid plans

Fri May 29, 2015 10:05 pm

an ambush point in the lounge :D cant fault it :)
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177

no avatar
granville

Sat May 30, 2015 8:11 pm

i use the velux in the bedroom for mine .
good to get them when the shot is on ,and one shot one kill well done. :)

no avatar
air gun

Sat May 30, 2015 8:48 pm

vasbyt wrote:So after my recent recce on the plot and setting up ambush points a few hours at dusk and nothing - not a rabbit in sight - Best laid plans and all that!!!!

This evening at dusk, I walk through the lounge look out of the one window to admire the sunset over the sea, and there is a rabbit 28 -30 yards away, no where near the ambush point which is the other side of the plot.

I gently open the lounge window, it just sat there nibbling on fresh grass coming through after the ponies had grazed the area down last week.

Into the office TX200 removed from bag, grabbed two pellets off the desk, back into lounge and it's still nibbling away head up.

Careful aim, only one pellet used, nice clean kill, and it's now in the deep freeze, one more and I can make dog food.

you want to hope a policeman don't see you aiming your gun out the window. if he does. you will need bail money :mrgreen:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
neil

Sun May 31, 2015 12:03 am

air gun wrote:
vasbyt wrote:So after my recent recce on the plot and setting up ambush points a few hours at dusk and nothing - not a rabbit in sight - Best laid plans and all that!!!!

you want to hope a policeman don't see you aiming your gun out the window. if he does. you will need bail money :mrgreen:

why, do you know the o/p, do you know where he was shooting from, do you know that he does not have a right to shoot over the land he may own :?

Blackbaronfish

Sun May 31, 2015 12:17 am

It doesn't matter if he has a right to shoot or not as the Police will have reason to question and search, which is a lot of hassle for nothing

BBF
Did I mention that I'm the only one to have attended EVERY meet since we started

no avatar
air gun

Sun May 31, 2015 1:04 am

neil wrote:
air gun wrote:

why, do you know the o/p, do you know where he was shooting from, do you know that he does not have a right to shoot over the land he may own :?

if the police think he is a irresponsible shooter his guns are gone. and he can be banned from having them. as you say I don't know him. and I don't know what land he can shoot on. but sticking your gun out of your front room window is asking for trouble. just think. he is shooting out of his front room window. someone walks past with his dog. sees the gun and hears the shots. he rings 999. and armed police are kicking the door down. ;)
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

no avatar
vasbyt

Sun May 31, 2015 7:15 am

I live on a plot in a very rural area, shooting over our own land, the only neighbor on the side of the house I am shooting on is the retired farmer who now rents out his land (and I don't shot on a line towards their house which is around 100 yards away). I have already discussed shoot rabbits on our land with him and his wife.

no avatar
eboswan
Site Admin

Sun May 31, 2015 8:00 am

there we are all sorted.
IS MY SIGNATURE BIGGER THAN RAYS. Cz 452 american .22+sak mod
S200. .177